VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Mine quit wirking a couple of weeks ago..and I can't seem to get it back..even switching zip codes..I get the stations to the left but no listings..any one help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How did it get the guide information in the past? Via antenna, analog cable, digital cable, or satellite?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Changing the zip code won't help if your local station isn't broadcasting the TVGOS signal for some reason.
    Try and find out if anyone in your area who's receiving their TV signal the same way you do is also having problems. The TVGOS signal is usually coming from a local CBS channel now, so you might want to call or email them to find out if they're having problems or to check their TVGOS equipment.
    Note unless you're on cable it's just a matter of time anyway. OTA analog TVGOS will go away 2/09 just like the analog TV broadcasts will
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Until recently, Gemstar had an agreement with PBS, but as jjeff said, they have made new arrangements to use CBS affilaites instead. From what I have been reading, not all CBS affiliates have the necessary equipment installed yet, and some may only be transmitting the digital version of the TV guide info, which your recorder can't use.

The situation with cable is more complicated. Cable systems that are all digital, with no analog channels at all, lack the ability to transmit the analog guide information you need. If your provider has analog service, and has begun converting the digital feeds from your local stations to analog, they may not be converting the digital guide information to analog form.

If you need a set top box for your paid TV service, some of those won't allow the guide information to pass through, or don't allow it to pass through all their connections or with some output options.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have heard a story..that if you use one of these..

DTVPal Digital to Analog TV Converter DTV Pal

that therer is a chance of receiving the tvguide listings again..any truth?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I wrote them an email & was told to wait 60 days as they are finding a new digital host for my area.
    Quote Quote