VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a video in Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 that I need to encode to WMV so that I can upload it to YouTube.

In the Adobe media encoder, under audience, I can enter frame width and frame height. If I go to pre-encoding tasks, I can scale the width and height of the video. So which one do I do? Do I scale the video and leave the frame width and height alone? Do I change the frame width and height and leave the scaling alone? Or do I do both? I am confused about this.

YouTube recommended video size is 640 x 480 but with YouTube's new widescreen player, the size is now 960 x 540, which is 16:9.

Additioal notes:
    My source video from miniDV is 720 x 480 but it is shot in widescreen mode (Canon told me that even though it is in widescreen mode, the camera still shoots in 720 x 480 and then adds extra information so that the playback device squash the video to 16:9).

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube accepts many formats so you don't have to convert to wmv, use a codec that looks best and a video bitrate below the youtube upload limit. And I would try convert to a 16:9 frame size like 640x360 and see how youtube handles it as they now support 16:9 material. I wouldn't upconvert to 960x540.

3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PLEASE do NOT cross post. Once is enough.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic360253.html