VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the latest firmware version 31 from the Philips website. My drives are NTFS and FAT32, neither works with my docking station. Do you guys think the docking station is the issue?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a hub needs a computer to work properly. whatever you plug into the 5990 should be directly plugged in. try something like an ide/sata to usb connector.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=50002177%2040000353&Descri...&name=Rosewill
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks aedipuss, but I don't think that's my problem. My docking station is plugged into the player via USB. Isn't a docking station essentially the same thing as an external case? The difference is that the docking station allows swapping out drives easily. So I'm not sure what the problem is here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the docking station must not be the same as a conversion cable, or the 5990 wouldn't think it's a hub.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a seagate 1TB drive, 3.5" in a coolermaster external enclosure with it's own power source. I've formatted it to Fat32, and I get the same message, that the USB hub is not supported. Is this adapter the thing I need to get it working?
    Quote Quote