VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a video that I saved on my pc before rebuilding it. Now I can't open it with anything except TMPGEnc, but that doesn't have any sound. The files are in .mpv format and .ac3 audio. Here is the list:
    IFO_T01.mpv
    IFO_T01_00000.ac3
    IFO_T01_0.ac3
    IFO_T01_00001.ac3
    IFO_T01_00002.ac3
    IFO_T01_00003.ac3
    IFO_T01_00004.ac3
    IFO_T01_00005.ac3
    IFO_T01_00006.ac3
    IFO_T010001.mpv
    IFO_T010002.mpv
    IFO_T010003.mpv
    IFO_T010004.mpv
    IFO_T010005.mpv
    IFO_T010006.mpv
    What do I need to do to burn this to a disc?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A .mpv is a video file without sound. But do you have a AC3 codec installed? Try AC3 Filter. Or see if one of the .ac3 audio tracks will play with VLC Media player. You could also try dropping one of the IFO files into Gspot and see what's really in it.

Is that separate videos or just a messed up DVD movie file that's been demuxed to separate audio and video?
    Quote Quote  
  3. When opened, the audio ought to attach to the video. I do have AC# Filter installed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by gbabione
    When opened, the audio ought to attach to the video. I do have AC# Filter installed.
    They have to have the same name

file1.mpv
    file1.ac3
    Quote Quote  
  5. So if I add the underscore in the video file names, they will play?
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, that didn't work. What program could have saved the video like this?
    Quote Quote  
  7. What software are you using?

It works for me in MPC. I used to do this when making dvd's to preview

They are just elementary streams, so any demultiplexer might have done that

If you want to multiplex them, try muxman or imagompeg-muxer
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have tried many programs in the past trying to find one that I liked or that worked. Since I had to rebuild my pc, I have had to reload all software. I can't find anything that will play this video with sound. The file in explorer shows no program association.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by gbabione
    The file in explorer shows no program association.
    So make one. Right click on the file in question, Select Open With -> Choose Other Program. Select the program, make sure the "Always use..." box is ticked.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Selecting Realplayer did play the video but without sound. I tried Muxman and Imagompeg. Muxman looked too confusing. Imagompeg worked and converted video to usable mpeg. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. I doubt Real Player supports automatically loading of separate video and audio files. Use a player that does, MPCHC for example. Again, the files have to have the same base name, as poisondeathray pointed out.
    Quote Quote