VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking for software I can use to capture DV and split it into scenes with date stamp like HDVSplit does for HDV video..

Is there a free solution out there that will do this?

If not, is there a free solution that will take existing DV Avi files and break them into separate AVI files by scene/date?

Thanks much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ours will (see signature). Works while capturing or from existing files. Also comes with an Excel add-in that lets you create a log of the scenes including thumbnails taken every second or so. This lets you easily find a clip at a later date.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  3. Wow. Sounds awesome.

I'll give it a shot! Thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by JohnnyMalaria
    Ours will (see signature). Works while capturing or from existing files. Also comes with an Excel add-in that lets you create a log of the scenes including thumbnails taken every second or so. This lets you easily find a clip at a later date.
    Ok, I've installed your software but I don't see how to break an existing DV avi file into seperate avi files based on scene / date...

Sorry if I'm missing it..
    Quote Quote  
  5. I found the scene detection option but it seems to only break my hour long avi's into the first three scenes and then stops..

IE: I will choose an existing 12gb raw DV avi file, it will run and create three separate avi files with appropriate dates, but then it will just stop.. It won't create the rest?

I did this with two different raw avi files and the results were the same. It created 3 avi files and then stopped processing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hmm. That's not right...

Let me investigate with some one hour clips I have. BTW, are your files Type 1 or Type 2 DV AVI?
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm not sure. How can I tell?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there anything like Enosoft DV Processor for the MAC? How about Windows 2000?

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by tbird2340
    I'm not sure. How can I tell?
    GSpot should tell you.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by brycebwalker
    Is there anything like Enosoft DV Processor for the MAC? How about Windows 2000?

Thanks...
    We don't have either, sorry

The software draws heavily on features added to XP for the FireWire stuff that aren't available in W2K.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by JohnnyMalaria
    Originally Posted by tbird2340
    I'm not sure. How can I tell?
    GSpot should tell you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. John, does that screen tell you what you need to know?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use windv....free, small footprint....best ever..split in any NLE
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  14. What I'm really looking for is software that will take existing raw DV video files I already have captured and break / split them into seperate avi's based on date.. I don't really want to have to recapture 10+ tapes again..

I should have put that in my OP.
    Quote Quote