VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I captured to DVD (MPG) from VHS tape .. which only had mono outputs. The mpg file now only has audio through one channel (left) ... is there a way to convert this to stereo before I burn it to DVD?

Is there a program I can run the mpg file through it? Or do I have to extract the audio and then convert it with say Soundforge (mono to stereo) and then re-encode it with the new mp3/wav? If I have to do it this way, which program is best/easiest to use? I know I can extract the audio using Avidemux .. but how would I put the new audio which I fixed through Soundforge back into the mpg?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by wingfan
    ...Or do I have to extract the audio and then convert it with say Soundforge (mono to stereo) and then re-encode it with the new mp3/wav? If I have to do it this way, which program is best/easiest to use? I know I can extract the audio using Avidemux .. but how would I put the new audio which I fixed through Soundforge back into the mpg?
    Yep that's the only way,I would save it as MP2 and the same samplerate(eg 48kHz).
    You can then mux the streams using TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    demux. convert wav to stereo. use your authoring program to import the video only file and the stereo audio wav. use them both on your timeline and the authoring program will mux them and convert to dvd spec.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    pcm wav is a dvd spec audio and doesn't need re-encoding.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. In the future use a y adapter to split the single mono output from the VCR into dual mono -- the same sound on both the left and right channels.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks guys i'll give it a shot..
    jagabo thanks for that tip!!
    Quote Quote