VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    i have 3 wireless people connected to me router BThome hub.
    does exist any soft which will help me manage control all users on my network?
    especially for realtime download speed of each user?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't the answer specific to each wireless router?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK, you would have to try to do it in the router settings. One way would be to block specific sites by a schedule for a specific IP address on your LAN. (Each computer) You could do it by days of the week or time of day, allotting each computer on the wireless LAN a set amount of access hours. I don't know if that would work for bittorrent, if that's what 'BT' in 'BTHome' means.

Some routers may have some other settings that may work better, but I haven't used any that could 'throttle' download bandwidth. I do have a advanced function in my Netgear router that can control bandwidth priority for some applications:

QoS is an advanced feature that can be used to priority some internet applications and on-line gaming, and to minimize the impact when the bandwidth is busy.
    If you had control of each computer, you could set the download rate in the BT client. But I don't think a router can do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    thanks for answers..
    bt home router is just regular router like any other routers (it is just name)
    with this router you can not see what is going on on your wireless network
    there is not option for that in settings i have not see any router which can do it anyway what i need

what i need is program to install and monitor,limit and manage WLAN users on wireless network home..
    example:
    have 3 people wirelessly connected to my router
    how do i monitor them, be able to limit their traffic, etc

hope this is clear maybe i was not good enough in explaining
    Quote Quote  
  5. AFAIK there is no software that will allow you to limit bandwidth just monitor.
    Here is another monitor: http://www.hootech.com/NetMeter/
    Quote Quote