VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have got a .mov file that I want to edit, what program can edit it preferably without re-encoding it? I would like to keep the file as an .mov file.

Also I have got .ifo/.vob from dvd decrypter and I would like to edit it before I convert it to xvid using autogk, is there any program that will do this, again preferably without re-encoding the .ifo/.vob file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To your second question. You will have to be a little more specific as to what you mean by editing .ifo/.vob.
    There is lots of software to do all kind of things, but it all depends on editing you require.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. Try MPeg streamclip or quicktime pro.
    2. DVD shrink in the reauthoring mode.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tinker
    To your second question. You will have to be a little more specific as to what you mean by editing .ifo/.vob.
    There is lots of software to do all kind of things, but it all depends on editing you require.
    I want to cut parts of both videos.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    1. Try MPeg streamclip or quicktime pro.
    2. DVD shrink in the reauthoring mode.
    Does mpeg streamclip recode the video after editing
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have look looked at the guides for DVD shrink on this website, but I can't see how to edit out commercials in the middle of the video. It looks like you can only cut parts out at the beginning or the end, can anyone confirm this?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can by using VOBMerge or DOS cmd "copy /b VTS_01_1.VOB + VTS_01_2.VOB NEW.VOB" after you have done your re-authoring in DVDShrink by adding your video title multiple times to the left pane for as many segments as you want cut and setting the start/end for each one seperately. Just maybe Baldrick has time to add this info to his nice Oct 27 guide ;]. Also think that guides description should include Tools used: DVDFab HD Decrypter so it shows for that tools page also.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to do more complex editing in mpeg2, look at Womble's Mpeg Video Wizard DVD. It is not free, but good editing software. You can do any cut anywhere you want and add transition to the cuts, if needed.
    Quote Quote