VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. PIONEER BDP LX70 Need to get code or chip . code prefered to make multi region.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The typical fix is simply a "hack" which unlocks a feature that already exists within the firmware. If you cannot find a hack code, then you aren't likely to make your player region free. Not all players can be made region free. In which case, your best bet is simply to purchase a player that supports region free playback.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you do a web search, there are a few companies that sell chips that can be soldered into some players. I bought one a few years ago for a Pioneer DVD player and the instructions claimed that it was really easy to do it yourself. Unless you are an expert at doing soldering of small components, I don't recommend this. I ruined my player. You can often pay the company that sells the chip to do it for you, but it may honestly cost more than the player to pay for the work.

The best way to go is to use a hack code, but not all players can be unlocked this way. Based on reports we're getting these days it seems that almost nothing Samsung makes can be unlocked any more and most North American sold players cannot be unlocked, no matter who makes them (Oppo is a rare exception to this). With Pioneer there may or may not be an unlock and if not, you'll have to search to see if it's even possible to buy a chip to do it or just buy another player that you are sure can be unlocked.
    Quote Quote