VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this file and I believe it's the H.264 format which doesn't play smoothly in my best player (MPC HC), what are my other options? or do I need to tweak something in MPC HC/ffdshow?

In the farm.flv
    Format : Flash Video
    File size : 157 MiB

Video
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Main@L3.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@3.0
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 360 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive

Audio
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version : Version 4
    Format profile : LC
    Format settings, SBR : Yes
    Format settings, PS : No
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Video delay : 45ms

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You shouldn't have any problem playing that video with your computer's specs. But, try this in MPCHC: View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Transform Filters, double click on H264/AVC (ffmpeg). Set the Decoding Thread Number to 4. Also double click on H264/AVC (DXVA) and see if you can enable DXVA (hardware decoding by the graphics card -- I'm not sure if the ATI 2600 supports this). After applying the changes shut down and restart MPCHC.

Also make sure you are using Video Overlay: View -> Options -> Playback -> Output, select Overlay Mixer.

Does the file play smoothly anywhere? Maybe it's just a bad video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You need the newest version of flvsplitter released a few days ago that works with h264/aac in flv. Either the new MPCHC svn, or register the .ax for directshow for MPC or other directshow player

http://www.xvidvideo.ru/content/view/390/1

More info here
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic359060.html

They tend to play smoother even on older systems when you re-mux it to .mkv
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo and poisondeathray.

You shouldn't have any problem playing that video with your computer's specs. But, try this in MPCHC: View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Transform Filters, double click on H264/AVC (ffmpeg). Set the Decoding Thread Number to 4. Also double click on H264/AVC (DXVA) and see if you can enable DXVA (hardware decoding by the graphics card -- I'm not sure if the ATI 2600 supports this). After applying the changes shut down and restart MPCHC.
    Those are already the default values , and not an option for ATI 2600 (at least I don't see the DXVA hardware decoding option).

Also make sure you are using Video Overlay: View -> Options -> Playback -> Output, select Overlay Mixer.
    Default value also.

Does the file play smoothly anywhere? Maybe it's just a bad video.
    I have about 12 of these files this morning and they all behave the same in MPC HC, however I just tested them in SMPlayer/MPLayer for Windows and they all played fine (except the audio is a little not syn).

You need the newest version of flvsplitter released a few days ago that works with h264/aac in flv. Either the new MPCHC svn, or register the .ax for directshow for MPC or other directshow player
    OK, downloaded the FLV splitter and it's in C:\Flv\FLVSPlitter.ax and did the Start->Run type
    regsvr32 C:\Flv\FLVSPlitter.ax and got a successful message and now what do I do with it or how to use it? lol....

register the .ax for directshow for MPC or other directshow player
    How do I do this? I have K-Lite Full which already have both MPC HC and ffdshow....

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  5. You have to change the merit of that specific one such that it becomes the preferred default splitter for flv filters. You can do this through graphstudio. You may have to lower the merit or unregister other filters on your system since you have a codec pack installed. The specific one you want will read "MPC FLV Splitter (Gabest)" if you've registered it correctly

Once that is done, it will play in MPC or any directshow player. It might still be a bit choppy - they play much nicer in .mkv or .mp4
    Quote Quote  
  6. You have to disable MPCHC's internal FLV splitter if you want it to use a DS FLV splitter. View -> Options -> Internal Filters -> Source Filters, disable FLV.

K-Lite is bad news. I'd get rid of it ASAP.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks jagabo, can you PLEASE do me a big favor :P , I got rid off all the codecs/K-Lite pack/ffdshow/MPC HC and now I'm left with the default WMP 10. I'm gonna start all over again , can you please recommend me your own personal Media Player/s, codecs, filters installation and their respective settings 8) . I have access to almost all the paid or non paid/free codeds/filters/players...it's just that I don't know how to mix/configure them to work properly...I'm very willing to learn, so please help/guide me!

I've:
    CoreAVC Pro v1.8.5.0
    Divx Codec 6.8 Pro
    Xvid-1.1.3-27042008.exe
    x264vfw_14_1024bm_15797.exe (from your link....)
    ac3filter_1_46.exe
    MatroskaSplitter290308.exe

I'm also using Avidemux and VirtualDub.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I would put ffdshow back in the mix. But install it with all its codecs disabled. Then enable the individual codecs when you need them. Although ffdshow has the ability to encode and decode several different codecs its one big program that handles them all. It's not a collection of dozens of different products, many with conflicting source filters, file splitters, and codecs like K-lite.

I use three players: MPCHC, KMPlayer, and VLC. KMPlayer was my main player but I'm using MPCHC more and more these days.

For conversions and filtering I use mostly AviSynth and VirtualDub. AviDemux here and there. I mostly use hcenc and hcgui for MPEG encoding.
    Quote Quote