VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a ilo DVDRHD04. I put a disc in it to copy a home movie that is currently on the hard drive but it won't recognize any disc. Every disc I put in it says "invalid disc". I have used several different dics manufactures with no success. Has anyone else had this problem or better question, a solution? I have emailed ilo several times and they have not responded.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having the same problem with my Panasonic DMR-E80H- For the third time !
    I have also had this problem with two Panasonic DMR-E30s.

I have been told that this problem can be caused by three things:
    -A dirty read laser lens.
    -A dead read laser.
    -Obsolete firmware which can cause incompatibility with newer media.

I don't know what to recommend. I logged on to ilo's corporate website and they have posted a notice on their homepage stating that they do not manufacture the DVD recorders which have been sold at Walmart and do not respond to inquiries regarding repair.

You can search for authorized service centers in your area, but repair- at least in my experience- is temporary at best. If the unit is no longer in warranty, you might be better served buying a replacement and keeping the ilo for use as a PVR.

Good luck !.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    totallylost1;

don't know if this will help, but here's some additional info about your recorder.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t441462-replacing_dvd_player_burner_ilo_dvdrh04

And this from cdfreaks.com

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/ilo-dvdrhd04-dics-recognition-problem-256592/
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks wabjxo; will do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The DVDRHD04 is dead - at least in terms of updated firmware and continued support from LiteOn (manufacturer). The manufacturer website (www.ilohelp.com) for the ilo recorders is dead and opens to a domain squatter landing page now which indicates the death of all support and upgrades for the ilo recorders. The firmware downloads from guitar man are several years old as well and the ilo firmware page is a ghost town. The burner in these units were complete lemons, hence this long thread, but the rest of the unit for the price and functionality was worth hacking and modding and keeping alive. Too bad to see this device completely dead, gone and buried. It was doomed from the start I suppose - an abomination created from a twisted marriage between WalMart and Liteon and was from the beginning a pathetic creation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you replace the DVD drive? I have an Ilo DVR 04 and put a new drive in it. I think all stand alone dvd recorders suck. Have a Panasonic too, it sucks most of the time. Nothing like a drive in the PC, flawless.
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVDRHD04ISDEAD View Post
    The DVDRHD04 is dead
    This thread was dead also, until some deadhead came along and dug it up!!
    Quote Quote