VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello all i recently downloaded some flv and mpeg files using real player,these play ok on my pc.

i used free trial of alone?? dvd movie maker to convert a flv file and mpeg file to dvd,

but find my sony hxd560 dvd recorder will not recognise the dvd i have burnt, also think firmware in sony is ancient and no upgrade avaliable.

a 40mb flv file when conveted takes up almost an entire dvd r disk???

some one suggested dvd flick but this does not seem to have a conveter funtion.

i wish to play flv and mpeg files using seperate dvd player and widescreen tv.

is it possible to convert dvds to a format where i can queeze more movies on a single dvd, i believe divx is the format????

but i do not think my sony recorder is divx compatable (i have a sony ps3 connected to tv not sure if that supports latest codecs)

thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Flick can CONVERT to DVD-Video, read http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/229/59/ . Another option would be ConvertXtoDVD.

And yes you can convert DVDs to AVI DivX to squeeze several movies/DVD, use AutoGK or FairUse Wizard. The ps3 should support divx.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DeVeDe seams really good then autoGK
    Quote Quote