VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I have an HD camera feeding into a component video distribution amp (3:1) one of the outputs is going into the component input of a HD plasma monitor (this works) the other output needs to go to a coax signal. From the green output of the component I have a RCA adapter to BNC connector coax cable going to a composite in to a video monitor. My composite signal is extremely snowy. Any ideas? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Off-hand, I'd say it was a bad cable. How old is that BNC coax? But also, I'm confused as to whether you're taking an HD signal to a standard-def monitor. Also, there are issues about what's coming out of that "green output." (I'm assuming your are talking about your "Y" signal.) Wouldn't you get monochrome? You've got a lot of unknowns here for me to fully assess.

In short, I kind of think you're trying to do something that really shouldn't be done. It seems you would need an intermediate component-to-composite adapter between distribution amp and monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The green is the "Y" signal. It's a component out of an HD camera. I'm not even getting a clear monochrome signal. I will try a new coax cable. I'm thinking that I will need a component to composite adapter. Thanks for for help.
    Quote Quote