VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If possible are you able to have 1 audio track play whilst you navigate through different sections of the DVD?
    So as you scroll through the differnt menu pages the song doesnt restart everytime you change page?

Im not looking for the song to pick up where it left off after a video has been played, just whilst you are navigating around.

Also I would like to have for e.g. 3 different options and each one has a black and white photo as the button but as you navigate over it I would like it to change to colour.

I normally get just a highlight bar using Sony DVD architect but if the images link to the colour version each time the cursor moves over them instead that would be cool.

I can use Adobe Encore if I have to, but am more comfortable in DVD architect.....but whatever gets my results!

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You cannot have audio run through a menu change in a DVD. The spec simply does not allow it.

What you could try is putting a gray, semi-transparent overlay (highlight) over the button when it isn't selected, and have it go completely invisible when it is selected.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks, the audio is out.

gunslinger, is what you are describing able to be done in DVD architect or encore? What do you use?

I will attempt it when I get home.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use DVD Lab pro, but it should be doable in any good authoring app that allows you control over the overlay colour and opacity.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote