VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way to change the bitrate in ConvertXtoDVD? With the 700MB to 1.4 GB avi's I tried with it, it encodes the audio bitrate as 256. I'd rather encode it at 192 (as I do when encoding WAV to 2-channel AC3). Is there a way to change it or is a higher audio bitrate necessary to convert a 44100 128 mp3 file to a 48000 AC3?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no
    "I'll give you five dollars if you let me throw a rock at you"
    Quote Quote  
  3. you can change the audio bitrate in convertxto dvd. you can select the audio link and change the bitrate.you go to settings>audio>change the settings there > select audio br of your choice. encode>done.have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok,
    not with the last version i tried.
    so it's fairly new.

skimming through the changelog i suppose 3.2.0.44
    "I'll give you five dollars if you let me throw a rock at you"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sumeshkri
    you can change the audio bitrate in convertxto dvd. you can select the audio link and change the bitrate.you go to settings>audio>change the settings there > select audio br of your choice. encode>done.have a nice day.
    I think you are mistaken.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZQX
    you can change the audio bitrate in convertxto dvd. you can select the audio link and change the bitrate.you go to settings>audio>change the settings there > select audio br of your choice. encode>done.have a nice day.
    I think you are mistaken.
    Yeah, unless they made it a new option on the latest version, i have never seen where you could change the bitrate of video or audio.....

It would be nice though 8)
    Quote Quote  
  7. look at the latest version and find. have a nice day.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the latest (registered) version 3.2.4.82. I cannot see any option to change audio bitrate under Setting/Audio?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    look at the latest version and find. have a nice day.
    Show us a screen shot

Now i remember you can put in manually the target size of the final project but not put in a specific bitrate.

And you can change the audio format, 2.0, 5.1, mpeg audio...

But nothing at all on manually changing the audio bitrate
    Quote Quote  
  10. ERRATUM
    i apologize all concerned for quoting false information. i took it for avidemux where we can adjust the adio bitrate. yes we cannot fix the audio or video bitrate in convertxtodvd. that is the main drawback of this software.
    Quote Quote