VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used this software and had it working, now I can't get it to work I think there is a problem with the codec now. I get an error message after I try and open it up in windows media and I get the following error

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

I am not sure what codec I need to get it to work , I had been installing different codec but still can't get to work. It is frustrating because I did have it working at one time. I thought about just reinstalling windows media player but of course with vista doesn't seem that is very easy to do.

If someone can help me out it is much appreciated. This software works great when I had it working properly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try playing it with VLC. WMP has difficulty playing much of anything other than WMV most times. But if you put drop the file into Gspot, that will tell you what codec you need or if you already have it. You would also need a codec that's compatible with WMP.

Whatever you do, avoid installing codecs at random, especially codec packs as that will just cause more problems and you may not be able to remove them cleanly without causing damage to your system.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply Red, I have trouble running it any player seems none of them recognized the file so I am not sure it is even a matter of using a certain media player. I also have videos I download previous that do work with wmp that I transferred via the wirefire and Cap software.

"Whatever you do, avoid installing codecs at random, especially codec packs"

I am afraid it is too late for this. Is there an easy way to remove codec?, there doesn't seem like any easy way to do anything with vista.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just dl the gspot and this is a codec that says there is a problem. not sure what this means or what I can do

DSH BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter {FC772AB0-0C7F-11D3-8FF2-00A0C9224CF4} 0x00600000 ** File Missing:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If VLC won't play it, use HDTVtoMPeg2 to convert the multiplexed TS file to a simple MPeg2 or simple video+audio TS stream. Experiment to find what your players can play.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried HDTV I get could not find channel message, nothing seems to be recognizing the file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible that the channels are encrypted and the signal is copyright protected? I am trying to transport from my motorola dvr
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tampa_man_33
    Is it possible that the channels are encrypted and the signal is copyright protected? I am trying to transport from my motorola dvr
    Could be. Mine only works for live TV on some channels.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote