VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Video Gurus:

Is it possible to watch Blu Ray movies on your HD TV using the laptop HDMI port?

I install AnyDVD 6.4.7.9, WinDVD 9 and am able to watch Blu ray movie (Nim's Island) on my laptop HP HDX9494NR.
    Now, I would like to watch the blue ray movie on my Panasonic TH-50PX77U. I hook up the HDMI cable from my laptop to my Denon AVR-4806 receiver and TV HDMI port to no avail. I am able to see my destop and all the program running; however, when I launch WinDVD, the movie appears fine on the laptop but the TV show only a black screen. AFAIK, my cable, receiver and TV are HDCP compliant. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD should remove HDCP.

This sounds more like a video overlay problem. Try set the hdmi output to the primary monitor or just use the hdmi output(no dual/clone output).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you much for your help.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the Blue ray movie not being able to view on my HDTV but when I use FN F4 to switch between my laptop display, both laptop and HDTV display and HDTV display mode. I am now able to see the Blu ray movie in the HDTV mode only. It is strange that I can see both laptop screen and HDTV while watching DVD though.
    Quote Quote