VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I lost the remote for my CineVision DVR1000 and would like to use a Universal Remote Control to use with it. However, I need the code for CineVision and I can't find anywhere. Can you help? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The codes to enter into a remote are usually native to that particular remote, not the device your are trying to control. If it doesn't list your device, about all you can do is to try some different codes and hope one works. Most times, if you get any response when trying each manufacturers first remote code, you may narrow down the search. The off/on switch is the easiest to try.

I would also try a universal remote that has a lot of manufacturers listed and that may improve your odds. It's also possible your DVR is just a re-badged version from another manufacturer.

Even if the universal remote does work, there is no guarantee that it can control all functions of your DVR. You would really be better off with looking for a OEM replacement remote.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi titilucky;

This may be of help. Notice that the pictured remote is not the original but a recommended replacement.

http://remotes.com/store/cinevision/dvr1000.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. I haven't found anything yet that a One For All 8910 won't operate. They do need upgraded over the phone sometimes, it's very easy to do. They can be found for $20-$30 at online sites like Amazon, Buy.com and others or less on ebay. If you want to be sure they have the codes call One For All at 330-405-8616.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Look in the remote control guide,there should be a section where you can do remote search where you just press a button such as power till you find the right code.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The Logitech Harmony One updates the remote via a PC connection. The code base is incredibly deep and has had absolutely EVERY KEY from my original remotes mapped, including additional commands (i.e. discrete input selections) that the original lacked. [Keys that can't be mapped to the hard keys are mapped to the LCD screen across multiple pages if need be.]

Check into it...
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I got a logitech harmony remote,good for lost remotes but kinda cumbersome for using certain keys,gotta switch menus and hunt for the right command.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The One For All 8910 will do all functions of the original remote with what they call advanced functions at less than half the price of the cheapest Logitech. All you have to do is call them and they will e-mail advanced functions and instructions for using them.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks to all of you! I'm going to try different codes from different manufacturers, as Mod Neophyte suggests, but One for All 8910 sounds interesting. I may get that one if I can't hit it with the first suggestion. Once again, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by johns0
    I got a logitech harmony remote,good for lost remotes but kinda cumbersome for using certain keys,gotta switch menus and hunt for the right command.
    You know you can re-order the 'additional' control keys to any order you'd like, putting the most used keys on page 1 instead of having to hunt them down.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by titilucky
    Thanks to all of you! I'm going to try different codes from different manufacturers, as Mod Neophyte suggests, but One for All 8910 sounds interesting. I may get that one if I can't hit it with the first suggestion. Once again, thanks!
    It's much easier to use a code search built into the remote control,it goes down the list of codes one by one using a single button press such as power til you get the right code,randomly putting in codes will take a very long time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Most universal remotes aren't compatible with DVD recorders unless they use the same code as players like the Panasonics and even then they will be missing needed functions.
    Quote Quote