VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was having problems with hauppauge Win TV so I removed and reinstalled it. After this, WMP does not show mpeg2 videos. Used Gspot to verify and it showed that the codec is installed. What could be wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You may have a MPEG-2 codec installed, but it may not be one that WMP can use. Or WMP isn't being directed to it properly. You could try installing Stinkys MPEG2 Codec and that should work with WMP. Or others may be able to tell you how to repair the other codec. Windows XP doesn't come with a MPEG-2 codec, if that's your OS. One has to be installed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can also check what Codec is enabled for XP Mediaplayer.
    Go here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DE1491AC-0AB6-4990-943D-627E6...displaylang=en

Checks for installed MPEG2 codecs and compatibility, and activates the one you want. (Preferred Codec)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry for poor details! My system is Vista. Before this event, WMP was working perfectly with mpge2. Also, gspot verified that a mpeg2 codec is installed. I believe the problem arises with the reinstallation of winTV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I had installed a series of codecs. Stinky's was first. WMP played some of the mpeg files, but not always. Then found "Media.Player.Codec.Pack.V3.3.1" This was more consistent, and I define this "consistent" thing: Sometimes the files play, sometimes not!
    Quote Quote