VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. See attached image...It only happens with Nero Showtime 3. This is a still capture. There is a yellow line running down the middle of the video as it plays from DVD. WMP and JRiver Media Center do not have the line but Showtime does. Is this a codec conflict issue. If so, how do I fix it in Showtime? I like showtime because I can play DVD/VOBs directly from hard drive folders by just pointing to the folder. A little more difficult to set that up using WMP and Jriver. Any ideas?

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would guess a codec conflict or a problem with Showtime. Tried uninstallling Showtime, then re-installing it? I hope you don't have any codec packs installed, as they can cause all sorts of problems with existing codecs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No codec packs installed. The only thing that has recently changed is went from XP to Vista on this machine. Showtime was working before with no problems. I have the same version of showtime loaded on another machine in the house with Vista and it doesn't have this problem. I did in fact try a re-install of showtime. I even tried the update from Nero Ultra 7.8 to 7.11 and still the same problem.

Again, showtime and XP was working fine on this machine before. I also have showtime and Vista working fine on another machine. Could different video cards cause codec conflicts? The two machines do not have the same type video card, so may be Vista + showtime + two different video cards = relative conflicts with codecs? I'm stumped
    Quote Quote  
  4. MPCHC, VLC, and KMPlayer can all play VOB files, full DVD Video_ts folders, and DVD ISO images.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, not a clue. It could have something to do with the video card, but they don't have much bearing on DVD playback. Maybe a video card setting, but I don't know which one. If you have the latest video card drivers, you might try an older one. But where other players seem to work, it still seems to go back to a Showtime problem. Showtime may be using it's own MPEG-2 codecs and it may be related to that. I don't use the program, so not much help there.

You might try looking for a Showtime forum and see if they have seen the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think it's an error in Nero Showtime. It looks like it's creating a video overlay window with an illegal width.
    Quote Quote