VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I've been having this problem for a while. First I'll explain the setup for the entire house.

My family room contains a vip722 dvr recorder, which can record HD content(TV 1). My parent's room is connected to the box(TV 2) so whatever they record from there, it'll show in the family room

My room and my sister's room is the same way except we have a 625 box. Her's is TV 1, Mine is TV 2

Now, here comes my problem: Lets say my sister wants to record young and the restless in the future. She goes to the guide, sets the timer, but it always shows that it records on TV 2(my room). And everyday, I have to go up to her room and record it when it switches to record young and the restless on my TV, which I don't want.

How can I make where if I record something in the future on my sister's TV, it'll record on her TV and not mine?
    Quote Quote  
  2. THe question is are they in single mode or dual mode even. It makes a difference. If you don't want to call Dishnetwork support about this problem then I suggest going to www.dbstalk.com and / or satelliteguys.us since they are have both Dishnetwork and DirecTV forums wherre you are more likely to get the answers, beyond that old standbye answer "when all else fails read the manual" or the more rude "RTFM" type of answer.

Beyond that I can not really help as I keep mine in single mode so I can use all three tuners (2 satellite and one OTA) for the HDTV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have 2 rooms being served by the DVR's you're definitely in dual mode.

Unfortunately the Dish DVR's do not have the ability for you to specify which "TV" will record a show. I think by default it is TV2 and if TV2 is already scheduled it will go to TV1. You may be able to change the default to TV1, but that will really only reverse the issue. It is an often-requested feature, but so far no word from Dish Network on if/when it will ever happen.

The only other option I could think of would be to have each of you get a dedicated DVR, but that adds costs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I only have a single tuner Dish DVR, so I am not familiar with this equipment, but wouldn't it make sense to just swap the connections and make her TV #2?
    "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own" - the Prisoner
    (NO MAN IS JUST A NUMBER)
    be seeing you ( RIP Patrick McGoohan )
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That would partly solve the OP's problem, but would also transfer the same issue to his sister -who shares the DVR. Whenever the OP sets something to record, by default his sister will have to watch it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I don't understand what you are asking, but if you are asking what I think you are asking, it is simple to tell the DVR which tv to record to.

Select Menu on your remote
    Preferences
    RecordPlus
    and then select the TV you want to use
    Quote Quote