VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tried 3 different VCRs .. VHS tape, hear the audio , but picture all fuzzy /snow.. all cables correct of course, using composite cables, tried even connecting to TV and capture card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like really bad tracking. You may only be able to fix it with a TBC. However if its too far gone you might not be able to recover it all...... (edit - at least on a prosumer level - perhaps an official restoring service MAY be able to for a price)
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    whats weird is it was playing fine yesterday on a VCR, i had to FF a bit and heard noise.. took out tape right away and noticed a bit was being chewed.. so then tried another VCR and it was tracking issue, it has digital tracking and wouldnt get it right.. so now tried the 3rd VCR and this is whats happening. you think getting a tape cleaner would do the trick then, if not professional.. k thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A tape cleaner wouldn't hurt. However I haven't done that stuff in quite awhile so I don't know products you should look into.

I'd save the professional stuff as a last resort. However it doesn't sound good if the tape was being eaten......
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote