VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i need help with editing vlc format. i usually use windows movie maker but my phone records in vlc format and movie maker cannot edit such a format. can anyone tell me how i can edit videos that are in vlc movie format.
    its format like an orange cone - am sure u knw what i am on about. by editing i mean cutting cropping adding more than one video adding music and so on - just like movie maker.

Help very much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VLC is no format, it's the player that plays the video. Try identify the video using medinfo and give us the details.

But I guess it's either mp4 or 3gp and you can then try convert it to avi using for example super, winff, mp4camtoavi. Then import the avi in wmm.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does the picture look something like this:

This is the icon for the vlc video lan video player.

I imagine what happened was either the video was saved with the wrong extension or perhaps the video was associated with vlc and now wmm won't recognize it.

I'd use a program like gspot or avicodec to determine what video codec is used.

Probably you would be ok in renaming the file to an .avi extension.

I'd make a copy of it first just in case.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ok i will try and convert but other. this is mp4 format - other mp4 come into movie maker but thank you i wil try links

can you please give me link for converters like i dowbload things off youtube using real player and i had a software before where i could convert into just mp3 for music do u know any free converters that convert fully and and do not leave watermark and are not 30 day trial?

many thanks for help
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try SUPER.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick

many thanks on vlc - i dwnloaded and now can edit in movie maker

can u help me with converter that can convert from flash format to any other video like mp4 wmv and the others and also convert to mp3 for the music - is there a converter no trial and free pls.

and also require a converter for ivr files same as above - IVR internet video recording files

can you please help or anyone help

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by helpmepls
    can u help me with converter that can convert from flash format to any other video like mp4 wmv and the others and also convert to mp3 for the music - is there a converter no trial and free pls.
    Yet another new poster who is unwilling to read the posts that are trying to help him.

You got an answer to this question in an earlier post.
    Quote Quote