VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

I just installed ffmpegX because I need a way to convert my rmvb files. When I try to convert a progress window comes up and shows me it's finished after a few seconds. But the converted file is not saved anywhere.
    I'd be really happy about any advice on what I'm doing wrong here!

ffmpegX 0.0.9y on Mac OSX Intel

Thanx, Ninacita
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On the right side of the progress window, there should be a blue "i" symbol. Clicking that will open a Progress Information window, with the log of what ffmpegX was doing. Please post that output here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FIXME:Hardenabling SSE and SSE2 without detection
    Sat Oct 25 11:31:23 CEST 2008
    MEncoder dev-CVS-060307-04:23-4.0.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
    Mac OSX static build for ffmpegX
    CPU: Intel Pentium III Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner (Family: 6, Stepping: 6)
    CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
    Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
    success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0xb151920
    REAL file format detected.
    /bin/sh: line 1: 3758 Bus error '/Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/mencoder' /Users/nina/Movies/M2_1/Monk\ -\ 201\ -\ Mr\ Monk\ goes\ Back\ To\ School.rmvb -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128:vol=0 -srate 48000 -aid 0 -ovc lavc -sws 0 -lavcopts threads=2:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=940:keyint=240:vqm in=2:vqmax=15 -ofps 23.976 -vop scale=640:272 -noodml -ffourcc DIVX -o /Users/nina/Movies/M2_1/Monk\ -\ 201\ -\ Mr\ Monk\ goes\ Back\ To\ School.rmvb.ff.avi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ninacita
    /bin/sh: line 1: 3758 Bus error
    Did you install the corresponding (Intel or PPC) reallib for ffmpegX? Unfortunately, it seems that the PPC version of reallib doesn't function on Intel.

On a second, unrelated note: some users have reported that they had more success with converting after renaming .rmvb to .rm.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think I installed that. I installed mpeg2enc, mencoder and mplayer, no more. what is reallib? Where can I find it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    reallib is a library of decoding tools that extend mplayer's standard decoding capabilities to include reading RealMedia files.
    The PPC version is a ready-to-copy folder, downloadable in a .zip archive.
    The Intel version is an installer package (for a different version of MPlayer), which has to be installed, moved and the folder renamed to 'reallib'. See post 1834504 for instructions.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanx a lot for your help! I'll try this
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    Originally Posted by Ninacita
    /bin/sh: line 1: 3758 Bus error
    Did you install the corresponding (Intel or PPC) reallib for ffmpegX? Unfortunately, it seems that the PPC version of reallib doesn't function on Intel.

On a second, unrelated note: some users have reported that they had more success with converting after renaming .rmvb to .rm.
    Hey, Case. I was having errors converting Real media and I assumed it was because I recently installed RP v.11. So I trashed it, got RP v.9 back, and still had the following error.

REAL file format detected.
    Stream description: Video Stream
    Stream mimetype: video/x-pn-realvideo
    Stream description: Audio Stream
    Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-realaudio
    Stream mimetype: logical-fileinfo
    sh: line 1: 21160 Bus error [note, the exact number of this Bus error varied; 21236, 21443, 21331, 21420, 21641...]

After seeing your "second, unrelated note", I tried that and it worked!
    Renaming .rmvb to .rm apparently is similar to renaming the entire path to the .rm file to exclude weird characters--another reason that ffmpegX fails.

On a second, unrelated note, I've noticed that Microsoft office also uses a four-character suffix for .ppt files. Are these related?
    Quote Quote