VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just recently bought an ASUS My Cinema-PHC3-100 TV Tuner card (which is awesome btw).

Problem I'm having with this and almost all tv tuner card software is that it won't let me drag the TV window to my secondary monitor at all. I'd really like to view it on my 2nd screen without turning it into my primary monitor. I'm using windows XP with a dualview setup and Ultramon software.
    So far I've only tried the media software that comes with the card which is the newest version of ArcSoft Total Media.

And recommendations to make this work on my second monitor without turning it into my primary monitor?
    And also, why do they design the software to not allow us to view on the second display? Doesn't seem like it serves any purpose. I don't believe it stops piracy or anything. It just makes me frustrated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dragging to a second monitor is usually a function of the video card software, not the player. Do you get the desktop view on the second monitor? Can you drag anything to the second monitor screen?

What connections do you have to the monitors? But that shouldn't make much difference with dragging. What is your display video card brand and model?

I have two computers with a video projector set up as a second display and I can drag just about anything, including video players to the projector display. If you don't have your video overlay settings correct, you may get a player showing a black screen, but the player will still be there.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you

My second monitor is a CRT with a DVI adapter plugged into my second DVI port on my Nvidia 9600 gt.
    I can drag any window to the other monitor besides the software that came with it.

At this time I'm searching around for free alternatives to the software. I'm testing one called DScaler at the moment. 1st try gave me perfect video on the screen and it let me drag to my second monitor but I couldn't get the audio to work at all. So yes indeed it's a problem with the software that comes with this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IMHO the best, free, media player with tuner/capture capabilities is The Kmplayer. It will usually be able to detect and setup basic tuner capabilities on start up and simply pressing ctrl-w will open the device. It also can use internal codecs making it much easier to play any media you may have....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, after messing with 1000 settings in KMPlayer I got it to work. Don't ask me what I did but it worked! Thank you very much for that recommendation.
    Quote Quote