VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Any suggestions on the best way to merge several VOB files, then shrink the final VOB file & burn it?

Thanks!

P.S. I've used DVD Shrink to rip a DVD (main files only), but the result was 49 VOB files!! all of them together are small enough to fit into 1 DVD, but I want to merge them and if possible shrink them even further.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi:

I was just visiting and saw your question,
    Check out this :
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOBMerge

read it because it seems that there's more than one way to do the merge!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    First off, if the VOB's you have are from the same dvd and you just ripped the main movie with shrink, you do not need to combine them, you can simply burn the resulting VIDEO_TS folder to a blank.

And if they fit as is, why compress them & degrade the quality??

Unless there is something you are leaving out i see no sense in either of these Q's.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was hopping I could combine 2 movies in one DVD. Therefore, I was looking to shrink the VOB files a bit...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks armandojnc! VOBmerge worked like a charm! Now how do I shrink the size of that VOB file? THX
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should have just stuck with Shrink in Re-author mode and combined both flicks..And I would burn to a DL disc...But now that you have one large VOB,use something like FAVC , DVDFlick or ConvertxtoDVD and import your single VOB , choose file size output and convert to DVD.....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Rip both disc's to separate folders.

Open the first movie on your HDD in shrink, drag the main movie over in reauthor mode, then you can open the second ripped movie, drag it over in reauthor mode and then you can transcode both movies at the same time so they will both fit on one dvd5.

But compressing two movies that much to fit on one dvd5 will usually result in very poor quality.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tips guys!
    Quote Quote