VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear All,
    Am very new to all of this, and am stuck .

I am using DVD-Lab Pro 2 to creat a DVD movie and the files I have are in AVI format. The DVD-Lab require me to convert the AVI file to a VCD file. I used ImToo Empeg Encoder 3 to convert it but when I try to import the converted file to my Assets I only see the audio file without the video.
    Can someone please help me.

Thank you. all
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you trying to author a VCD? I don't know if DVD-Lab Pro will do that. For a DVD you would normally want a MPEG-2, not the MPEG-1 that is used with the VCD format. It could also be that your converter isn't making a DVD compliant video file. If you look to the upper left on this page for 'WHAT IS' DVD you will see the DVD specification, structure and format. To be DVD complaint, you need to use that.

What type of AVI file are you trying to convert? There are many, many with that container name. The codec the file uses determines what format it is. Try dropping it into Gspot and that should tell you quite a bit about the file. You can also do this with your ImToo file. I suspect a problem there.

But I would suggest a better encoder. ImToo doesn't seem to be working that well. https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-encoders-mpg-dvd

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In project settings make sure you ease the limitations to allow for the full range of DVD spec resolutions. By default DLP uses Full-D1 only.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DVDLab Pro will author (S)VCD as easily as DVD, although...from an AVI source, if it's decent quality, you should author a DVD.
    Try FLAV to convert, it's free, using free tools, and is a good place to start. ImToo (to be blunt) sucks.
    If you look thru the guides, I have one on how to author (S)VCD in DVDLab Pro. Written on DLP1, it still should apply to DLP2.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Everyone,

thanks for the reply to my question. I am most grateful to all who replied. it has been of much help.
    Ones again thanx.
    Quote Quote