VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, hello everyone.. for starters i just want to say im really new to video editing and such, so please try not using weird abbreviations or hard words 8)

Ok my problem is this: I have a DVD-ROM where someone filmed a sermon in a church, hold in english. Now my dad wants me to subtitle this DVD into roumanian so he can show it to some of his friends (who doesn't understand english very well) on their TVs. When i explore the DVD there are 2 folders in it, one AUDIO_TS and one VIDEO_TS. The audio seems empty but the video has some files in it. Now i tried to import the video files into Windows Movie Maker, since i have a little experience with using it, but it said it couldn't work with these kind of files.

So my questions are as follow:

1. Is there a program that will allow me to subtitle this DVD?
    2. If i use this program, will it alter the original type of file (which i assume is TS?) so i have to alter it back? How do i do that?

Also please remember this have to be viewed on a TV DVD-player so i take it i can't use stuff like srt-files but have to put the subtitles straight into the movie (im not sure of this so it's more like a question).

Thank you for your help and hopefully you have managed to read through my wall of text
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    For what it's worth, I think the method in the 2nd link in guns1inger's post would be easier for a newbie.

And welcome to the forums.
    Quote Quote