VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have created a motion menu with adobe encore.

however encore doesnt allow xvid avi files.

have converted them to multiple different files, but results arent as wanted.

i have 3 XVID.avi films (all 1 disc) that i want to put onto 1 dvd.

is there a program out there that will let me add the avi files to the project aswell as let me create my own motion menu. Obviously with them being avi the program will also need to encode the files so that they are dvd compliant.

so any help would be really appreciated, whether it be help with me finishing wot i started in adobe encore, or whether there is another similar program that i can import these xvids into ?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Encode the video to mpeg-2, which is what you need for DVD, then use them in Encore. Xvid4PSP can do this, or you can use FAVC, make sure that Keep Working Files is ticked, let is run, then use the elementary video and audio streams from the working folder in Encore.

remember that encoding a typical Xvid video to mpeg-2 requires approx 3 - 4 time the bitrate of the source, which means 3 - 4 times the space. If these are your typical 700 MB downloaded movies then you will probably only get one per disc if you want them to look reasonable. If you want all three then you will have to encode them at VCD spec, which Encore probably doesn't support (unless Adobe have made major changes, Encore doesn't support the full DVD spec, only Full D1 and 601 resolutions).
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i have encoded them to mpeg with favc before, however due them already being dvd compliant, encore doesnt encode them again and so not enough space on the dvd.

so if i encode to vcd standard this will allow me to fit them on the 1 dvd ? but encore probably wont accept them. so if this is the case any other ideas ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't use Encore and don't try to squeeze too much on a disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok, so what program is best to use that does what i need in the first post ? have tried vegas movie studio, dvdlab pro none seem to do what i need ?

i dont mind encoding the files beforehand, but obviously would like to be able to use my motion menu made in encore with wotever prog i use
    Quote Quote  
  6. does anyone know if the new encore cs4 supports importing of xvids ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you encode your Xvid AVI files to DVD compliant mpeg-2 video and AC3 audio, you can use them in your version of Encore. But you won't fit three movies on a single layer disc without it looking very poor.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote