VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using the latest version of RipBot but for some reason I am not getting the blu-ray output option only the AVCHD output...

avchd.bmp
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    which version of avisynth (258 or 260 Alpha 2) working better for RipBot264?
    Last edited by orkino; 2nd Feb 2010 at 07:32.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick, many thanks for this. Sadly its not working for me and its a concern because I paid some serious money for an LG external BD drive.

My understanding is that I have AnyDVD HD running together with the normal DVD decrypter - but, having said that, when I select the option "rip to hard drive", the Slyfox software states "Drive is not ready" - so that that is a concern in itself.

When I attempt Ripbot - that is, add the 00000.m2ts file - its states that it cannot find the file etc. It does not see any chapters or audio etc.

When I use AVS Video converter - which is meant to convert m2ts files - by adding 00000.m2ts, it states "file format error".

When I use handbrake, it states "no file found"

I've googles a few other m2ts converters but they all seem to contemplate a single m2ts file (eg from a Sony digicam etc".

BTW: I manaed to decrypt the BD by using Blu Ray Disc Ripper but I need to find the unique key for the specific movie.

So, I am buggered and down $AU500.

Any thoughts? I hope you can advise.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    TJF: But have you been able to use anydvdhd to rip it? Or else will nothing will be able to convert it. You can try rip with the free dvdfab hd decrypter. Or use makemkv(it will also rip) and then convert the mkv to mkv/mp4 with handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick, forgive me. I am a f*cking idiot. It turns out I didn't have AnyDVD HD. I wont even tell you the reason why I assumed I had it because, now thinking about it, it was stupid.

Sorry for wasting yout time. Please bear with me.

As I have a 54" HD TV and sit relatively close, the advice is that I should use 1080p where possible. I'm currently testing that theory out - let me know if you disagree.

I note your advice that for 1080p, I should set file size at 2-3G for each hour - lets say 2.5G/hour.

I just converted a 2.5 hour movie at 1080 using mp2 and it came in at 16G! So I looked at both Ripbot and AVS to convert to 1080p but reduce to around 6G (on the basis of your guide). The problem is that neither of those apps allow you to limit higher than around 4.5G.

Any thoughts? I trialled Xilisoft which states that you can manually limit size but when you look to limit at above 5G (for example, for entering 6000MB), it states that I must "enter a value higher that 0" WTF? Anyway I will send a note to the Xilisoft support team.

I understand that I can also play with file size by varying bitrate? But I'm not not aware of any guides to go by when looking for a output in Gig terms etc.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  6. The problem is that neither of those apps allow you to limit higher than around 4.5G.
    You are really a ...
    Baldrick, forgive me. I am a f*cking idiot.
    You better start using CQ mode instead of 2-pass. 22 should be ok. if you are not happy enough with quality just lower value to 20.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Wil give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hey there, and right off the bat, I want to apologize if anything I say makes me sound like an idiot, but I am completely new to this process.

So, I followed your guide completely (awesome and very thorough by the way), I downloaded all of the programs that you said to download and got Blu Ray Disc Ripper to rip the Blu Ray just fine, but here is my issue...

When I go to try to load anything with Ripbot, I get the following message:
    Cannot open file
    "C:\Windows\system32\Tools\MediaInfo\unknown.bmp". The system cannot find the path specified.

I'm not even sure why it is looking there for anything since that folder doesn't even exist, but then when I go to use TsMuxer as suggested I get this message:
    Can't detect stream type. File name: "D:\Movies and Videos\Blu Ray\BDMV\STREAM\0000.m2ts"

I have no idea where to start on this and I don't want to go spend the amount of money on AnyDVD HD if I'm not guaranteed that it is going to work since the Ripbot doesn't seem to want to work with anything that I give it.

Any advice or insight that you could lend would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing back from you and getting this working

P.S. A final note is that I am using a completely 64 bit machine... I didn't know if this would change any of the programs used or anything, but I thought I should add that. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For what its worth (and for my pedestrian needs), I found AVS Video Converter less complicated than Ripbot. I did not use the 0000.m2ts file as the source but rather the largest m2ts file in the Stream folder - as this was the movie file.
    AVS allowed me to save in a number of formats but I used mp2 for either 1080p or 720p. It also allowed me play with bitrate to reduce output file size.
    Until I get better at this stuff, I'll probably stick to this.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Installed all and everything worked great, it does take a long time as was indicated. I tested this on my 5th Element BD and I am not getting any HD audio. I have a Denon AVR2310CI and it is not indicating any lossless sound. Please help, I followed the instructions, am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    an ethical issue came up on the first page of this thread and I didn't want to mess up this thread with my response so I made response on the off topic forum
    Last edited by RdM642; 18th Mar 2010 at 09:43.
    Quote Quote  
  12. First time poster. Have been using Ripbot264 for about a year now. Thanks Atak_Snajpera (& Ajax since I use his installer) for the awesome program & Baldrick for the guide! I'm ripping Dodgeball as I type. Well, enough buttkissery, down to business.

As soon as I switched from v1.14.6 to 1.15, I noticed my fps rate slow by about 10fps which increased the rip time. Has anyone else had this problem? What was added to 1.15 that could cause this? It's not really a big deal, I just reverted back to 1.14.6.

Also, I used a program called "Default Program Editor" so I could modify and add my own autoplay options for different media. Well, when I made the entry for Ripbot264 as an option when I put in a blu-ray movie, it loads, but then the program won't run correctly. First I get an error saying that a .bmp file cannot be accessed from X:/Ripbot264/Tools/MediaInfo (X being the drive with the blu-ray movie in it). I just hit OK and it continues. Then I'll navigate to the movie .m2ts file on the blu-ray and try to load it, but then I get another error saying that "the X:/Ribpot264.ini file cannot be created". After that, the program will not continue or load the file or anything. So it seems that when I access the program using the autoplay feature, some of the program's files act like they are trying to load/be created on the blu-ray drive. Weird. Is there something about ripbot264 that won't allow it to run properly from the autoplay handler? Is there something I could add to the execute target path that will allow the program to run correctly? Again, this is a minor issue, I can just execute the program from my desktop and it runs no problem. Just wondering is all.

Lastly, I just wanted to throw in a helping hand and suggest that if you don't care for the high price of using "AnyDVD HD", DVDfab.com has a new program called "DVDFab Passkey" which does the same thing. It's in its beta stage, but it works and best of all it's free while it's in its beta stage. (Hopefully won't cost as much as AnyDVD HD when it's officially released!)
    Quote Quote  
  13. create shortcut for ripbot264.exe. Make sure that Start in: has correct path.
    Quote Quote  
  14. @Baldrick:
    Nice guide, tnx for that one!

A hint from my side: Trying to follow the guide, I got stuck right in the beginning, as RipBot264 told me at startup time that the Haali splitter is not installed. (I used MatroskaSplitter27032010.exe)

The tip I found on the web to just edit the ripbot.ini to include a "CheckRequiredSoftware=0" parameter didn't help (obviously, the new RipBot264 version does not check for that parameter anymore?).

Solution was simple: Downgrade to MatroskaSplitter110109.exe and then everything works fine..

(Just for curiosity: Anyone knows why the newer version is not compatible? Or am I the only guy encountering such problems?)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Why to I get this error.
    DirectShow Source: I Can not Determine the framerate
    of the video, you must use the "fps" parameter.
    (E: \ temp \ RipBot264temp \ job1 \ getinfo.avs, line 2)

I'm using winxp 32bi
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I followed the instructions here and installed all the programs listed here but everytime i try to use the prog i get this error;

DirectShowSource: DirectShowSource : Graph refused to run.:
    Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set.
    (E:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)
    I'm using win 7 32bit
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also get this error on my Win7 x64 in some VC-1 source files:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	05.04ggeu.png
Views:	5271
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1179
    Is there a solution??
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thx for the link . is this a newer ripbot version or what?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all!

I have a questio: What is the best CQ quality settings?

The size output file is me all the same. (I have a big HDD)

I would like convert Blu-ray to 1080p MKV.

My System is:
    Intel Core 2 Qoad Q6600 2.40GHz
    Asus Striker Extreme
    2x GeForce 8800 GTX (SLI)
    500GB HDD
    3GB Ram

Thanks

Mfg
    Benjamin

PS: Sorry for my English.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I am having some issues with this program. When I do a CQ conversion I get no output file (MP4) and when I do a 2-pass conversion, I get the error message saying the mp4box.exe has crashed. I need the MP4 output because I intend on using this with my PS3.

I am using the latest build of ripbot264 (but with the patched exe to get it to work on windows 7 x64).

My spec is:
    Windows 7 x64
    4GB RAM
    ATI 5770 1GB

In case I can't get this to work, does anyone know of a good alternative?

thank you.

edit: Never mind, I just tried again and this time changing mp4box.exe to run in XP compatibility mode and it seems to have worked.
    Last edited by tech3475; 2nd May 2010 at 07:15.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everybody!
    I had the chance to appreciate Atak's nice app.
    Only one problem: how to preserve automatically the original quality?
    The source file bitrate was 19Mb, but the resulting output bitrate was only 4mbits.
    I have attached the Mediainfo report from the source and the output file.
    Thanks for every help

*************************************** O R I G I N A L ****************************

Generale
    ID : 1
    Complete name : 00000.m2ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 6,02 GiB
    Duration : 40min
    Overall bit rate : 21,5 Mbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 35,5 Mbps

Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : VC-1
    Format profile : AP@L3
    Bit rate : 19,8 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixel
    Height : 1 080 pixel
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23,976 fps
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressivo
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.398
    Stream size : 5,55 GiB (92%)

Audio #1
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Bit rate mode : Costante
    Bit rate : 384 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 canali
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48,0 KHz
    Stream size : 110 Mb (2%)
    Language : Russo

Audio #2
    ID : 4353 (0x1101)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Bit rate mode : Costante
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Stream size : 129 Mb (2%)
    Language : Inglese

*************************************** O U T P U T ****************************

Generale
    Complete name : out.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom
    File size : 1,30 GiB
    Overall bit rate : 4 652 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2010-06-04 06:16:41
    Tagged date : UTC 2010-06-04 06:16:41

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Si
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 fotogrammi
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate mode : Variabile
    Bit rate : 4 331 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 18,4 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixel
    Height : 1 080 pixel
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Costante
    Frame rate : 23,976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressivo
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.087
    Stream size : 1,21 GiB (93%)
    Title : Bugs
    Writing library : x264 core 96 r1613 81e75e9
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=22.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / crf_max=0.0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00 / nal_hrd=vbr
    Encoded date : UTC 2010-06-04 06:16:41
    Tagged date : UTC 2010-06-04 06:18:56

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version : Version 4
    Format profile : LC
    Format settings, SBR : No
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Variabile
    Bit rate : 317 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 333 Kbps
    Stream size : 91,1 Mb (7%)
    Title : Imported with GPAC 0.4.6-DEV (internal rev. 5)
    Language : Inglese
    Encoded date : UTC 2010-06-04 06:18:27
    Tagged date : UTC 2010-06-04 06:18:56
    Quote Quote  
  22. Another method that i have found is using a Hauppaugel HD PVR and a Sony BDV-IZ1000w 3D Blu Ray Player, Just connect the PVR using the component cables and press record on your computer. Simple This method also works for the video on demand services.

This Blu Ray player model has no sound outputs so you also need to connect the player by the HDMI and output the sound to your telly then use a 3.5mm Headphone Jack to RED/WHITE RCA Cable from the headphone socket on your telly to your PVR and you will have sound.

make sure your telly volume is turned up full.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the case of some films where there are English subtitles at certain points how do you hard code them in? for example Toy Story 3 when Buzz is speaking Spanish.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by andy6590 View Post
    In the case of some films where there are English subtitles at certain points how do you hard code them in? for example Toy Story 3 when Buzz is speaking Spanish.
    I need to know the answer to this question as well. Does anybody know?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,

Using the latest version (1.16.5), how do I keep the audio the same the input? I have a film I wish to backup into mvk format. When I point Ripbot to the bluray folder for the movie and its done its stuff I'm presented with the select streams screen where I can select the inputs. I pick up the DTS Master Audio stream but just above this is free radio buttons (Wave, Flac & Core). Which one do I need to select to retain the DTS Master Audio??

Thanks in advance.

Steven
    Quote Quote  
  26. HI,

I am trying to rip BD with RIPBoot264. I have latest Ffdshow and Anydvd HD8.

However, when I select the 0000.mt2s file, the appication cannot detect the chapters, no video (other than 0000.m2ts) and not audio file.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm new to this site and frankly it is making my head spin with all the info that is available. In the past I always used DVD Fab to rip and Handbrake to encode but I am not happy with the results I'm getting with Blu-ray rips/encoding. I've come across some Blu-ray rips that other people have done and they are nothing short of awesome. I'm experimenting on my own to get those results but need some advice on the best way to do it. So I decided to give RipBot a try.

I used the most recent version of RipBot to encode a Blu-ray file on my HDD which took around 10-12 hours and I'm having issues with playback. When I play the file back on Pot Player or Splash Lite I get a green screen but can hear the audio. I was able to play the file on VLC but at full screen noticed inferior picture quality. I used the mkv container with h264/AVC and a constant quality of 16. The profile [HI10 X.X] HD. PC Only. 10 Bit was used. x264 preset was set at default. I did not crop or resize. The output file size ended up being 7.6 GB. Why am I having problems with the other prefered media players? Did I not use the correct settings when I encoded? I would experiment but encoding is way too time consuming and resource hungry. Asking the right people is much more efficient.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Is this process legal? Please help me understand the rules of this forum!

I started a similar thread where I wanted to backup blu-ray video while converting all lossless audio to Dolby TrueHD and the thread was closed because I used the "D" word.

Anyways, I dont know where to ask this question: How do I convert all lossless audio(PCM, DTS-HDMA) to Dolby TrueHD?

I use Windows 7 x64

Thanks
    Last edited by maxrockpro; 5th Mar 2013 at 14:08.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    I have looked at this great tutorial. I got this part down, but when I batch a bunch of videos, how can I get certain files to hardcode the embedded sub that is in the .mkv file. I can extract them, I can also put them into .ssa.

As of now, I have to do one .mkv file at a time to hard code. Is there a way to edit the script to hardcode certain files in batch?
    Quote Quote