VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Atak_Snajpera ok mate i have tried that. And again it dont work when making a bluray back up. If i make a mkv or m2ts file then i can zoom in on my ps3 which makes my picture big, But then because there mkv or m2ts files i cant include subs or chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Since when ps3 supports mkv???
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok. well does work mkv my mistake. but that auto crop did not seem to work. I manually messed around with crop and got full screen, but it was super stretched LOL. Oh well
    Quote Quote  
  4. autocrop may not work well with dark movies
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot is very useful but I can't find any way to obtain a 4.1 profile output . Only 3/4.0 profiles are listed.

Is 4.1 not supported?

Thanks for put in clear this matter.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Why do you need level 4.1????????????????????????
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera
    Why do you need level 4.1????????????????????????
    I don't know the real difference between 4.0 and 4.1, but all MKV containers I own are 4.1 profiled.

I can't find any tutorial about this. Maybe could someone explain the difference?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the same problem as a few others did. After demuxing, Media Player Classic opens up and runs 'getinfo.avs' forever. I can never get to define parameters and encode. Tried three different movies, same result.

I read through the posts here and got an impression that I have to uninstall PowerDVD from my computer. Unfortunately I use this computer to watch HD content. Is there any other things that I can try? Thanks for any help!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a problem when using the Rip bot264. It all works accordning to this guide until when I come to the part where I put my job in queue and pres start.
    If I have selected the MKV file format as output it just takes a second and ripbot tells med "DONE".
    If I select mp4 as output file format and then starts the process the audio seems to be correctly encoded BUT right after that (approx 15 minutes) the ripbot says "DONE", but nothing has ben produced.
    Can anyone help me?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correction: Whan I have the settings for producing a mp4-file all the audio encoding sems to work OK and YES there are a lot of files produces in my C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1 -directory

Correction 2: I read this thread a little more in detail and now I try the newest buid 1.13.3, and it seems to be working now... we will se tomorrow what has been produced...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've done everything as described in the guide and it's working perfectly, the only problem I have is adding subtitles.
    I want switchable ones but I have no idea where the srt. files are. I'm ripping the disc to my HD so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated thanks

P.S. Excellent guide by the way
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I may be new but am learning fast. Concerning the guide at the start of the forum, my goal is to rip Blu Ray to my hard drive and watch the ripped movie from my hard drive at a later time and then just delete it. Is there a simple way to do that without the whole conversion process? Regardless, thank you very much for the guide. It really is great that someone takes the time to provide this highly valuable information.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Dear Atak Hi, only one question! Why on encoding settings the Copy audio stream time duration does not match (dont have same time) with the video?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Ask the guy who encoded your file However Ripbot will automatically correct this during conversion. There is hidden 'Audio/Video Same Lenght' function
    Quote Quote  
  15. Ok and thanks for your answer, so i dont use on properties the audio delay. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If i make a 1280x720 rip, How can i change the subs to to 720p instead of 1080p. Cause obviously 1080p wont work with 720. Is there a way i can change the 1080p sub to 720p?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm afraid it is not possible at the moment. However I have good news. Tsmuxer author (roman) is working on resizing bluray subtitles (it's officially on TODO list . I will adjust ripbot as soon as possible. You can count on it
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good one Atak_Snajpera. Keep up the great work. I love ripbot, its bril. I pissed me off i pay £16 for blu ray and get half a picture on my 47" Tv, Now with ripbot i fill the screen with my picture and it looks amazing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got Ripbot to work.

My problem is that "Copy Stream" isn't a option for the audio so it's going to take me another step where I output to an mp4 and mux that with the audio track.

Has anyone had this issue before where "Copy Stream" isn't available in RipBot?

edit: I figured this out. I needed to select MKV as my output to get the "Copy Stream" audio option.
    dj matty b
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having a strange issue that hopefully someone can help with...

The first movie that I attempted with ripbot worked great - ripped and created a 10 gig mkv file without a problem.

I'm still able to rip the films just fine, and when I attempt to re encode everything seems to be working...I can see ripbot doing pass 1, pass 2, etc...but 10 hours later when ripbot says the job is completed, the output file doesn't exist. I tried 3 times with two different films and this keeps happening.

When I look in the ripbottemp\job1\ directory the ripped files are definitely there - I can see the audio stream, and an uncompressed 30 gig mkv video file.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I'm following this guide exactly, and my first rip did work fine. Very strange. To be sure I tried searching my entire hard drive for .mkv files, and the output file is nowhere to be found.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone give me some advice here? I've got ripbot working, and it's an incredible tool (thanks!) but I don't seem to be getting speeds that I'd expect.

I built a new PC, one of the main reasons was to get this ripping done faster. Got an Athlon dual core 2.54 processor with 4 gigs of ram.

Yet my blu ray rips are still taking over 2 days to finish! I'm not even ripping at full resolution (using the 12??x720ish option).

Is something clearly wrong? I thought I've read some posts here saying this should just take a few hours, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something terribly wrong, or if I'm just impatient.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  22. @ablindedworld
    There is log in /Logs folder

@liverdoodle
    Uncheck LOW PRIORITY. I suppose some app runing in background is stealing CPU time.
    Quote Quote  
  23. @liverdoodle
    I have a Core2 Quad @ 3.00GHz, and for the average ~2hr Bluray movie, it takes me just over 4 hours to do a 2 pass encode @ 1280x720, with max file size set to 4000MB (.MP4) and the whole time my CPU utilization on all 4 cores is 100%. I'd wager that you should be able to do encode a file with the same settings in around 9-10hours. I'd agree w/ Atak_Snajpera that you might have background process happening.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I was hoping to get some help - I have successfully used ripbot according to this guide and have had great results with Vista 64 SP1 and thanks to all for the great tools and forum offered here. I loaded Windows 7 beta build 7068 and have been having ripbot error out after demuxing then a protracted wait while ripbot is "gathering informations," MPC loads up, another wait and then this error written in red on the MPC screen:

DirectShowSource : Timeout waiting for graph to start

I have loaded and reloaded AVS 2.58, FFDShow rev's 2633, 2666, and the current release of Haali (Matroska) Splitter all numerous times to no avail. - still get the error. Keep in mind I have used ripbot dozens of times in Vista 64 SP1 - I am beginning to suspect that W7 may be the issue.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    If i use ripbot on a AVI video like one of my wrestling clips will it make the clip better quality to work on my ps3? I use VSO Convertxdvd but when i run it on my ps3 the clip seems blocky. But i used this program called ps3 video 9 and bumped all the settings up to HDTV and high quality picture, and i have got to be honest the quality was way better than ConvertXdvd. Which makes me wander that if i put the avi through ripbot would that do the same thing. The ps3 video 9 takes 4-5 hours on my quad core and then the file did not work. I can be a bit unstable, so i might try ripbot.
    Quote Quote  
  26. @superhulk

A first question that should be asked is what is the resolution of the AVI that you are trying to convert to run on the PS3?

If your original AVI is say 320x200 or even 640x400, you won't get a clearer image if you set your re-encode to 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

Regardless of the software you use for the re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @NewSkyArena

Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi

I am new to RipBot and I am trying to convert some blu rays to mp4. My current Blu Ray is one with 23,976 FPS and I want to speed it up to 24 FPS for perfect playback on my LCD. Doing this with ripbot causes the avisynth script to add the following

#Tempo
    video=AssumeFPS(video,24)
    audio=TimeStretch(audio,tempo=24/23,976*100)
    but the audio line causes problems in the first conversion step, the audio conversion. This is the error I get when manually executing job1_EncodeAudio.cmd:

Scanning for Audio Stream...
    ERROR: Can't find audio stream!
    Input file must be WAV PCM!
    What is wrong? Removing the audio line in the first quote removes the error, but then I do not get the speedup.

RipBot 1.13.3
    AviSynth 2.58
    Haali Media Splitter 1.9.42.1

Robert
    Quote Quote