VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I put in a 1GB Thumb Drive FAT...For an AVI Naruto Shippuuden Episode and I tried to play it and it says Video Codec Not Supported...I hear the sound playing but no video...

How do I get this to work?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sandman423
    I put in a 1GB Thumb Drive FAT...For an AVI Naruto Shippuuden Episode and I tried to play it and it says Video Codec Not Supported...I hear the sound playing but no video...

How do I get this to work?
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic358148.html#1898494

The FIRST sticky in the forum you posted this Q in
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic352457.html

Standalone players do not just play ANY avi, it must me within the specs of what the player will play.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also forgot to mention I am connected via Component Cables...My TV is an Old 13 Inch CRT TV and I can't seem to get preference to be selectable to make it Region Free...

Please respond. I am totally new to this... I checked both the links you posted but I am confused. How do you update the firmware for 5992 and add codecs to a DVD Player??

Here is a pic of the settings on one of the AVIs I am trying to play...I am on a Philips DVP5992

Does this also mean I can't make my DVD player Region Free because I am not connected to HDMI...I am only connected via Component cables to my Dual VCR...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As for region free, it should make no difference how you hook up your dvd player to your monitor/tv.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But I can't get the Preferences at all it goes on the setup screen..

General Setup Tab/Audio Tab/Video Tab/Preference Tab/Exit

I can select all of them but when I try to go to the preference tab it goes straight to exit...

How do I get the preferences to work?? I have a DVD in no luck/USB No Luck/etc...

I don't have HDMI Cables or Table. I am using the simple Component Cables but why can't I select Preferences??

How do I get that video to work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your AVI doesn't play, because the video stream is h264. DVD players that support playing AVIs, like the Phillips players, ONLY support DivX/Xvid video streams, and generally, MP3 audio streams (in those AVIs). (And even then, they generally have to be within certain limitations, or the player may still reject them. See the first post in the second link Noahtuck posted for those limitations. (For example, the fact that the resolution of your video is over 720x576 could possibly cause problems even if you did re-encode the video to DivX/Xvid.))

Why did you blank out the video title in the GSpot screenshot, if you already mentioned what it was in the first post?

You cannot add codecs to a DVD player.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well Because I thought it was a rule...to not show the file location or name....

How would I go about converting this video to XVid or Divx??

I downloaded AVI Recomp but have no idea how to convert the video...

Is there an easy way to convert it?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Drop the video onto AllToAVI, resize it to 704*400, use the Xvid and mp3 options in the drop down boxes - convert
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wHERE is the Mp3 location?? I see these...

Audio -3 Not OGM/MKV, 1 Audio Only Also Which...Also Which Video Converion to use?? it says Recommended Bi-Cubic...Also Bi-Linear and lazco or something like that??
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could I use my iPod 80GB for a Portable Hard Drive to watch movies off of??
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't think it was even possible to put H.264 inside of AVI. I wanted to do that once simply as an experiment and every tool I tried to use completely failed.

sandman423 - This AVI file will NEVER NEVER NEVER play on your DVD player without conversion. NEVER. Please be sure you understand that. Convert it to Xvid or Divx with something like AutoGK. We have a sticky in this section that tells what Divx/Xvid encoding options are problems for DVD players. I suggest you look at it. I also suggest if you use MP3 audio that you use constant bit rate. Finally, your iPod idea probably won't work. I don't have one so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the iPod requires video and audio codecs that your DVD player won't support. And there is no way for you to add support for these codecs to your player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sure, it's possible to have h264 in AVI. Recommended? Probably not.

You can use the iPod as a regular hard drive/flash drive (with disk mode enabled)... though, I'm not sure about the newest models. Or whether or not it would work with the 5992.

sandman423: As far as removing the video name in GSpot, it's just that you had already posted what the video was in the first post, that's all. I'd also recommend AutoGK, for straight recompressing of AVI files... but you should enable 'ESS mode' when installing it. (At least, I think that's the mode you should enable for the 5992. jman or someone else will probably correct me if I'm wrong. )
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I know if ESS mode was selected for install of AutoGK???

I am not sure...

I just used it to Re-Encode a H364 Video...I was able to select 1/4 CD 700MB...CBR 128 kb/ps

It seemed to work...

I need to find a passport drive or HDD that will work with my Philips....I made a Data DVD Last night and I was able to throw like 6 movies on it...AWSOME...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Any drive that you use with the Philips needs to be formatted as FAT32 to work. NTFS formatted drives won't work.

If your encodes work, then you probably did enable ESS mode. Don't worry about it.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the best way to use the USB to its fullest...Probably not stated the right way...But I am basically asking...

Is a Passport HDD the better way to go about this to watch stuff via USB??

I have a SD Card Reader...But don't know what SD Cards to use...I tried using my PSP's Memory Stick Pro Duo via the SD Adapter but it didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to make the video with AutoGK 704 x 400 but when I select Advanced Options in AutoGK I just get to choose Width...

How do I change the Resolution to 704 x 400?? Anime Episodes tend to give overscan issues so would these settings work so that none of the video would be cut off?
    Quote Quote