VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Like my subject says. I thought media player classic was supposed to be able to play any region dvds. I know VLC can. the dilemma i am in is that i got a turtle beach srm usb sound card and now can play dolby digital and dts. When i play DD or DTS thru VLC, there is a sound and video delay (sound first then video). I tried the sound delay thingy but it doesnt match up the video and sound. Media player classic doesnt have the video and audio desync, but it can't play region 2 dvds! arghh!

Please help me ! I either want to fix vlc delay prob and/or fix the media player classic dvd region prob.

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media Player Classic doesn't know or care about regions, but your DVD drive does. Generally you get to select a region 5 times, and then your drive is fixed on the last region chosen. You could try using DVD43 (free) or AnyDVD (not free) or a firmware update to your drive to remove the region restriction.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Media Player Classic doesn't know or care about regions, but your DVD drive does. Generally you get to select a region 5 times, and then your drive is fixed on the last region chosen. You could try using DVD43 (free) or AnyDVD (not free) or a firmware update to your drive to remove the region restriction.
    Cool thanks! But I am curious why VLC can play region 2 dvds with no program like Anydvd with no probs but media player classic can't.

When using AnyDVD or DVD43, since it runs in the background decoding on the fly, does it sputter or have cause playback issues?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those programs don't do any decoding, just handle the encryption. The overhead is minimal.

If VLC can play the same disc that MPC cannot, there must be something else at play. What error messages do you get ? If you don't get any error messages, what exactly does MPC do ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One region 2 dvd, it shows part of the warning screen about copyrighting, then artifacts show on the screen then MPC crashes. Another one just plays some of the company name screens, then it doesnt do anything.

I dloaded dvd43 and now i can watch the region 2 dvds with MPCHC. i read that it won't be updated anymore?

What do u use to play region other than 1 dvds?

thx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, my home region is 4 (Australia), but I have my burner firmware updated to remove all region restrictions, and only own region free players, so region is not an issue for me. I used to use AnyDVD before I started updating the firmware in the burner.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote