VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a 140Mb file from WebEx (converted by WebEx Recording Editor from WRF format). When I'm trying to open it in VirtualDub I get a big black screen with a white message "missing codec".

I have ffdshow installed. WMV codecs are enabled there. Also I have a "wmv" plugin installed in /plugins directory in VirtualDub.

Please, help me.

ps. When I save file in WebEx, it says that "Windows Media Video 9 Screen" codec is used for video, and "Windows Media Audio 9.2" for audio.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you enable WMV codecs under the VFW decoder setup in ffdshow?

Or just install the WMV9 VCM, http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/8/a/98a6cb2d-6659-485e-b1f9-2c0d9bf6c328/wmv9VCMsetup.exe . I use it and it works fine in Virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed WMV9 already. Doesn't help.

Actually, I changed "Windows Media Video 9 Screen" to "Windows Media Video 9" and it works. The video works.

But now I have problem with audio. When I'm trying to save AVI from VirtualDub, I get this: "No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format (source format tag: 0161)"

Any suggestions? THanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub does not support wma 9.2

You'll need to convert it to wave and select Audio > Audio from other file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No chance? Maybe there is some plugin for wma 9.2?
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's supposed to be WMV2 audio ACM, but I think it's called "DivX audio" codec for some reason.

I tested and confirm to have it working in vdub 1.8.6
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can check at the Virtualdub forum but I don't think so.

http://forums.virtualdub.org/
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    It's supposed to be WMV2 audio ACM, but I think it's called "DivX audio" codec for some reason.

I tested and confirm to have it working in vdub 1.8.6
    By installing the Divx 3.11 codec you can open most WMA with Virtualdub (wma 9.1 will open) since it a cracked MS codec but it will not open 6 channel audio.

Hmmm. Found some 9.2 stereo files on my PC and they now work. Strange since they never worked before. I was running W2k before and now I'm running XP with WMP11 codecs. Maybe that's the difference.

Virtualdub will still not open 6 channel wma files though. I tried opening VC-1 with wma 9 professional and got source format tag 1062.

I've known about the Divx cure for missing codec for wma2 for years but didn't know it would work for 9.2 audio. Need to post this on VDub since a few people there have had problems with 9.2 audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are WebEx sometimes encrypted?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know about encryption here. I can easily play the files in Windows Media Player.

Finally, I converted the WMV files from the source format to MP3 format (I didn't touch the video, just converted audio), and it works fine in VirtualDub...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have now the same problem. I have a movie split into three wmv files which I would like to join to one file and correct the aspect ratio of the video. It does not matter what type will be the result, it can be wmv again or (since I will have to re-encode them to correct the aspect ratio) I can could also choose some other codec or other container format.

I first tried to demux or join the files with Windows Media Stream Editor, or Windows Media File Editor, or Windows Media Encoder, but could not figure out how.

I googled further and found out that all this is best done with the VirtualDub. Until now I used VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 (build 2366), but it could not open WMV files. I found out that the WMV plugin for VirtualDub requires a newer version, so I downloaded VirtualDub 1.9.8 (build 32706) and copied the plugin files WMV.vdplugin and WMV64.vdplugin into the plugin folder of the newer VirtualDub. I don't know if it helps, since the readme there says that only *vdf files in that folder are loaded (!) but I could not think of another way to install that wmv plugin.

Then I read this thread, installed ffdshow tryouts revision 3299 Mar 3 2010 (msvc 2008, x86, unicode, r) and when installing it, I have chosen WMV1/7, WMV2/8, WMV3/9 to be decoded with libavcodec.

Anyway, nothing of this helped so far and now I don't know what to do. Please help. The problem may be that I cannot find anything like "VFW decoder setup in ffdshow".
    Last edited by Zababa; 22nd Mar 2010 at 02:23. Reason: possible problem cause detected.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try using ASFJoin to join the files. You'll need to install ASFbin also since ASFJoin is a frontend for asfbin.

I set ffdshow to wmv9 for wmv7,8 and 9 and libavcodec for VC-1

You're problem may be your OS. You are better off using 32 bit Virtualdub and 32 bit codecs in 64 bit OS. there is a trick to installing the 32 bit codecs since MS doesn't have a clue where to put them.

Installing the 32bit version on Windows 64

Extract all the files to a folder

Open up a command prompt (start->run: cmd)

Change directories to sysWOW64 ("cd C:\windows\syswow64")

Type the following (replace example_path with the actual path to the extracted files), then hit enter:
    rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 c:\example_path\AC3ACM.inf
    Last edited by DarrellS; 22nd Mar 2010 at 14:53.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Does someone knew where to get decompressor for Windows Media Audio 10 Professional codec in VirtualDub? when I'm trying to convert a wmv file with that codec, I get a such error:

but when convert files with WMA 7, 8, 9 all is fine
    Quote Quote  
  14. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gr@f View Post
    Does someone knew where to get decompressor for Windows Media Audio 10 Professional codec in VirtualDub? when I'm trying to convert a wmv file with that codec, I get a such error:

but when convert files with WMA 7, 8, 9 all is fine
    AFAIK, Micro$oft never released an ACM decompressor for WMA 10 Pro.
    Give a try to a recent build of the ffmpeg input driver, or to the Avisynth plugins FFMS2 and DirectShowSource /DSS2Mod.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 22nd Jul 2016 at 21:40. Reason: add emphasis
    Quote Quote