VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have always used DVD Shrink, Anydvd, Nero Sony version 6.3.1.19, an Older Sony burner and a Dell Dimension 4100 with WinXP and 512 of ram and Maxell DVDs burnt at the lowest speed.
    I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron with 3 gig of ram and an Optiarc burner. I lost my Nero version 6.3.1.19 so I am now using Nero 5.5.10.56. So I am using an Inspiron 530, an Optiarc 7200S, Nero 5.5.10.56, burning at the lowest speed, and am playing it back on a Panasonic DVD-F87.
    Since I have switched to the new computer, I have had trouble watching the DVDs. In the middle of the DVDs, they keeping pausing and skipping so bad, the DVD is unwatchable.
    I think it might be the DVD player so I purchased the best cleaner I think I could find, a Maxell, I used it twice to see if that would help. It didn't. I then thought it might be the blank DVDs. I switched from Maxell to Verbatim. Still won't work. Could use some help.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try using IMGBurn to burn the discs instead of Nero? Most everyone here ditched Nero in favor of something else, like IMGBurn, a long time ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Instead of Nero, use Imgburn to burn your DVDs; it is free and it is available at this website in the "Tools" section. You might also want to try DVDFab HD Decrypter which is also available here. Even though you use AnyDVD, it is a great (free) application to have for ripping newer releases.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded and installed the latest version of Imgburn but I am not quite sure how to use it with Dvdshrink. I mean I think you still use it with DVDshrink and Anydvd. Sorry, I'm just a fat old guy that had to retire early cause of cancer so sometimes I am a little slow at new stuff. Spent two months in a coma and total of three months in the hospital this time last year. I was even slow waking up.LOL!! I was slower getting out of the hospital!LOL!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I presume you have been using DVD Shrink with ANYDVD to rip the disc to the hard drive. Following that process, just use Imgburn in place of Nero to burn the DVD.

To open the program, click on the desktop icon.

At the top of the Imgburn interface are the options "file", "view","mode", "output", "tools", and "help".

Click on "help" and select the second option, "view Imgburn guides". The guides will provide the information needed to use the program.

Practice using + or - RW blanks until you feel comfortable with the program.

There is a learning curve, but it isn't steep; if I can learn to use it, anyone can !

The results are worth the effort, and in the learning process you will discover a number of other very useful features included in this great application. In the long run, you'll save money and time by not having those failed burns.

Have fun, and good luck !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    arbutler;

Something else I should have mentioned. Perhaps your new burner is not compatible with Maxell media.

Along with burning with Imgburn, try Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks; those two brands seem to give the best results overall. If you are near a Best Buy or Office Max, they stock Verbatim. You'll probably have to mail order the Taiyo Yudens; www.rima.com seems to be the preferred place to buy. If you decide to get Verbatim, look for "made in Taiwan" or "made in Singapore" on the label as many people (including myself) have realized better consistency of quality with them than the Verbatims which are made in India.
    Quote Quote