VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone. So, I have a few .avi files that use the AC3 audio codec, and I am trying to burn them to a dvd using nero vision. The problem is that after nero goes through and converts the video and burns it to the dvd, I try to play it in my dvd player, but there is no audio.

When I try to play the avi files on my computer, I get the same no audio problem when trying to play them with windows media player, but they work fine if I use VLC media player. It's like nero and WMP don't see that there is any audio there, which I guess is why it wont put it on the dvd.

I am pretty new to this, so I spent a while googling, but didn't come up with anything that was very helpful. Hopefully you folks will be able to get this all sorted. Thanks for any help you can offer!

-jon
    Quote Quote  
  2. Install AC3Filter and try again.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That did the trick - thanks! Was it just due to VLC player only having the codec built in, or just needed a re-install? Anyway, thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC has its own set of codecs. Plus, it has additional code that often allows it to play not-quite-compliant clips. So, being able to play something in VLC isn't always a guarantee that anything else can.
    Quote Quote