VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would be interested in any thoughts on this one. I authored a DVD with Studio 12, three page menu, 17 chapters, with a RTM after each chapter. Used the scheme with PgcEdit to add a Play All command to the first menu. Works fine on the computer, works fine on many inexpensive DVD players; but some DVD players, particularly the more expensive ones, start stuttering at the chapter change. Playing each chapter individually is fine, each plays cleanly. Stopping the DVD after chapter break and restartings ([STOP] then [PLAY]) also works fine, until the next chapter break, when it starts to stutter again. Have tried running it through FixVTS; no change. Although I looked at the Play All routine with IFOEdit, not sure if I can begin to implement that one -- looks confusing as all get out. That this runs just fine on about 60% of the STB out there is great, but I hate to have it stutter on the more expensive machines. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    My thought is unless someone here has any brilliant ideas (I don't), that you post this where the PGCEdit developer r0lZ will be more likely to see it, which will be the IFO/VOB Editors Forum at Doom9. He and some others will know the right questions to ask to help you get to the bottom of this:

http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Unless you're registered there already, there's a 5 day wait period between the time you register and the time you can post.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I shall do just that!
    Quote Quote