VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI,
    I know there have been a lot of questions and posts about this topic. But I just want a straightforward answer, without getting all the more confused.

I bought a VHS/DVD combo, it's the Panasonic DMV line (I forgot which one specifically) anyways, I have been wanting to transfer my old tv shows to DVD. Everything was going fine and dandy, but when I got to one whole tv series that I got from an old trade, it doesn't want to copy. It tells me that it is unable to copy due to copyright. What I want to know is why was I able to copy a commercially released VHS to DVd with no problem at all, but when I copy a VHS tape/s that I got from a trade that is not commercially available, my machine tells me I can't because of copyright issues?

Is there anyway around it? Someone told me to get a TBC, will this be enough? I do not want to spend too much anymore, but I was able to find a DP-X7000 TBC online for $125.00.

You think this will solve my problem? If not, what do I need to get around this copyright thing, without using my PC. This TBC is confusing enough as it is

I look forward to your advice.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many devices - but a TBC is certain to cure CopyRight or CGMS.

Without the "green effect" that I've seen with lesser devices.

$125 for a real TBC is cheap - $125 for a "copy stabilizer" is more to the high end.

I have seen GoDVD devices trading for alot of money on ebay - for a similar device.

They used to sell for $70 new.

I personally use a DataVideo TBC 1000 - housed in a drive enclosure (needed the 12 volt power supply) for my tough work.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, but the problem with using a TBC is, as he stated in his OP, he has a VHS/DVD combo unit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, Noahtuck is right. Or to put it another way so there is no misunderstanding, since the original poster bought a combo unit, there's probably no way to hook up a TBC in the path to the DVD recorder. This kind of thing is exactly why you should not buy combo units.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Actually, it's been posted in the DVD section before that the Panasonics will work with a stabilizer between the VHS and DVD, at least some of them.

Look here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic336441.html

I've seen trhouse post that more than once.
    Quote Quote