VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi to everyone

I am facing a special problem on creating DVD, from vob files. I used 2 different DVD creators, but the same thing. The process will be stopped. Any solution? Thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Based on the amount of information given (i.e. -- authoring and burning software info, as well as source file info), and based on the bold lettering of the post (reflecting a lack of knowledge about forum etiquette), I would deduce that the problem has something to do with user error.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OP has almost 200 posts .......
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    filmboss80:

Well said.

george
    The Second Amendment:
    AMERICA'S ORIGINAL
    HOMELAND SECURITY
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by filmboss80
    Based on the amount of information given (i.e. -- authoring and burning software info, as well as source file info), and based on the bold lettering of the post (reflecting a lack of knowledge about forum etiquette), I would deduce that the problem has something to do with user error.

What is happening man? Is a scratch DVD...trying to back up from VOB file( exact copy or clone DVD no results)...!!! Easy man, use you brain without being "sarcastic"…C’mon…if you do not now anything, please do not write…
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    SO you can not copy the files? Try DVDFAb Decrypter as it might work on some scratch dvds also. Or isobuster. Or dvddecrypter. Or cdroller.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    SO you can not copy the files? Try DVDFAb Decrypter as it might work on some scratch dvds also. Or isobuster. Or dvddecrypter. Or cdroller.
    Thanks man

The problem is that after trying to copy them, none of DVD creators, finishes work of DVD creation. So, as I told you before, how can not be possible, to create DVD from these VOB files?!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Believe it or not, we want to help you, and I would argue that my earlier post actually helped you, because it drew out of you information that is needed for the advisers in this forum. (You're welcome.) We are not clairvoyant, and your original post did not mention scratched discs or copying. "Creating DVDs" is a term that usually refers to Authoring. Your most recent post continues to speak of "DVD creation," but it's starting to sound like you are actually talking about the final stage of burning to disc. If that is the case, you should use ImgBurn. If that is not the case, then you need to be more specific. So far, you're about as clear as mud.

Honestly, my friend, no one is trying to give you a hard time. Your lack of information and loose application of terminology was giving us a hard time. I don't think a good-natured ribbing was completely out of order.

Again, try ImgBurn.

Best of luck.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by filmboss80
    Believe it or not, we want to help you, .
    But you have to understand first, before writing ...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, it's your responsibility to make yourself understood before posting. Was ANYONE able to decipher what you needed until I got more info out of you?

Again, you're welcome.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by filmboss80
    Actually, it's your responsibility to make yourself understood before posting. Was ANYONE able to decipher what you needed until I got more info out of you?
    People come here for help, because they are beginners I certain things. Is the same time, nobody permits you to full around and to be sarcastic with other people. Grow up man...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about you go back and read the posts in answer to your thread, and think about what is being said.

So far you have not told us where the VOBs come from (a DVD is too vague), what software you have tried to use, what errors you are getting. All this is information that only you have.

Based on the small amount of information you have given, all I can suggest is that you are using crap software and a bad process. You should not create a DVD from VOBs. VOBs are created by authoring - they are the end result of the process. What you want to do is create a DVD from the contents of the VOBs, so your first step should be to demux the VOBs back to audio and video streams. DGIndex can do this for you.

Once you have your streams, you can author a proper DVD using and authoring tool. GUIForDVDAuthor is a good, free tool for this. FInally, burn the results to a good quality media using Imgburn.

Of course for all I know you could be talking about avi files thinking they are the same as VOBs because you are a beginner and therefore don't have to think for yourself or help others to help you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    How about you go back and read the posts in answer to your thread, and think about what is being said.

So far you have not told us where the VOBs come from (a DVD is too vague), what software you have tried to use, what errors you are getting. All this is information that only you have.

Based on the small amount of information you have given, all I can suggest is that you are using crap software and a bad process. You should not create a DVD from VOBs. VOBs are created by authoring - they are the end result of the process. What you want to do is create a DVD from the contents of the VOBs, so your first step should be to demux the VOBs back to audio and video streams. DGIndex can do this for you.

Once you have your streams, you can author a proper DVD using and authoring tool. GUIForDVDAuthor is a good, free tool for this. FInally, burn the results to a good quality media using Imgburn.

Of course for all I know you could be talking about avi files thinking they are the same as VOBs because you are a beginner and therefore don't have to think for yourself or help others to help you.
    Thanks very much. I will try to do everything that you told me.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try CDRoller. I used their Split Video to convert VOB into MPEG(s). Also, CDRoller may be useful to extract a video from unfinalized DVDs. From my side, it worked fine on the dvd-r created by Sony Handycam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another good tool is NeroVision, although not free - but you can try before you buy.

It pulls data out of many stubborn sources - including scratched and unfinalized DvDs. (Using "Import") And, assuming the .vob files are readable, it will create equivalent .mpg files easily from them.

Once you have your .mpg files you're set. You can remultiplex, edit, re-author, and burn.

I still don't fully understand what you're trying to do though. No disrespect, but I do believe as well you need to be more clear as others mentioned.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is happening man? Is a scratch DVD..
    With damaged DVDs it's best to have a number of readers/burners available. Some can handle damage better than others. With my lightly scratched Brotherhood of the Wolf DVD I used DVDDecrypter and tried the toothpaste trick. Eventually one of my burners was able to produce an error free copy.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like everyone else, I am having a difficulty figuring out what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to back up a damaged copy-protected DVD or a disc with no copy protection?

What software have you tried?

Where does the process fail? While copying files from the DVD to your hard drive? While trying to create new files in preparation for burning to a new DVD? While you are trying to burn the DVD disc? What error messages are you seeng?
    Quote Quote