VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    LOL if you read the spec, DTS HD. AC3 HD,etc alone can add 35% to the file size in a m2ts container just because of ecc code. if you are interested in archiving and not re-compressing , try makemkv it rips the sutibable tracks out to a mkv file and plays nicely with MEGUI for re-compressing if need be. the only downsidde is there is no d-show fileter for BD sups. but with a little knowlege , bdsub2sup and mkbvmergegui can remedy that. otherwise yes, total media center 3 (NOT POWER DVD!!!!!) can play back the BD folder from the HD that tsmuxer makes.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dannyboy48888
    LOL if you read the spec, DTS HD. AC3 HD,etc alone can add 35% to the file size in a m2ts container just because of ecc code. if you are interested in archiving and not re-compressing , try makemkv it rips the sutibable tracks out to a mkv file and plays nicely with MEGUI for re-compressing if need be. the only downsidde is there is no d-show fileter for BD sups. but with a little knowlege , bdsub2sup and mkbvmergegui can remedy that. otherwise yes, total media center 3 (NOT POWER DVD!!!!!) can play back the BD folder from the HD that tsmuxer makes.
    imgburn converts BD folders to iso as faster as your HDD can transfer, usually about 3 minutes on my system

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by carlos28355
    ps. OMG!, why don't peeps leave a blu ray a blu ray, the folder structure that makes a blu ray a blu ray does not make the movie any bigger, it does however allow the movie to be properly recognized by playback software so that you can pick your audio tracks and subs
    is that to me? lol i am trying to leave it a blu ray and with blu ray folder structure than of course to turn that into an iso. i changed my output to blu ray as instructed by u in an earlier post i just dont know what im doing wrong to make my output file alot bigger than it should be )=
    not aimed @ you, but to everybody that feels the need to change a blu ray to something else in situations where it is not necessary, because they usually do a lot of work for nothing, and do more harm than good

If you playback movies from your PC converting a blu ray to something else is not necessary, even if you want to shrink it down to BD-5 converting it to another file type is not necessary

Even if you are streaming to a media extender file conversion is not necessary

leaving the blu ray struture intact and mounting the iso to a virtual drive and playing w/ full gfx acceleration capable high-end gfx card on proper hardware gfx acceleration capable software I can play a blu ray and stream multiple blu rays simutaneously all over my house while reencoding a blu ray

Now if you just have to put a blu ray on you ipod, by all means. go for it

imho

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have to agree that some folks are making this harder than it has to be.

BTW, lots of people have no problem using Daemon Tools to mount and play ISOs. It is true though that a minority do have trouble. Since there are others available free of charge (including one from SlySoft), it's irrelevant to the question of whether to use disc images of Blu-Ray discs or converting to some other container.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im getting alot better at this thanks guys for your help especially ocgw im sure u hate me by now lol.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by carlos28355
    im getting alot better at this thanks guys for your help especially ocgw im sure u hate me by now lol.
    No way buddy, you "get it", my lil' rant was aimed @ other peeps in general lol

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Everyone

Could someone shed some light on this problem im having

im using tsmuxer to create avchd from a mkv & ac3 audio so all is compatible

after the avchd is finished - it produces 2 streams - 00000.m2ts & other think it was 00190.m2ts - the 190 doesnt play in vlc and to be honest isnt that big a file - it also produces file in the playlist folder and all other folder where 00000. appears

i use used imgburn to burn this and my dvd says incompatible - so i went back and deleted all files that were 00190 and re burned - dvd says incompatible - the stream 00000 plays fine on computer - and if i burn say an avchd that someone else produced dvd plays fine - i checked my folder to another and it had the same amount of files & folders after the 00190 were deleted - can anyone suggest what the problem is or why tsmuxer is producing 2 streams
    Quote Quote