VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

i am using the free trial to see how it is befor i buy it. when ever i open it i get this the application has failed to start because pthreadGC2.dll was not found reinstalling the application may fix this problem. i did it with no luck can anyone please tell me how to fixes this?

thank you i have vista home premium 32bit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can I suggest that if you really must try this POS (piece of software) then you contact their support people of do a google search for the missing dll.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it. Like most of the commercial budget-end converters, AVS is low quality, unreliable and not worth the money. There are far better freeware tools available. They may not look as pretty, but it is the look of the output, not the look of the application, that counts.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guns1inger
    do you know of any better ones?

thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are you trying to convert (from and to) ?

Xvid4PSP is a high quality converter that will convert many formats to to most standard formats. It comes with a comprehensive set of templates for most devices, from the Nintendo DS through to the PS3, Apple TV etc, as well as MKV and other formats. Very highly recommended.

SUPER covers a wider range from of formats, however the quality is probably not as good in most cases.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote