VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi,
    i have original 5.1 dvd and i want to take its backup on another dvd.
    how can i burn such dvd preserving its original 5.1 surround audio.
    also i dont have two dvd writer to copy dvd- to- dvd
    how can i rip movie on harddisk and then make dvd as original with all features.
    i have nero7 startsmart essenstial
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WOW ... you are like 5 years late to be asking such a question.

Take a look in the guides (left hand side of the site).

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well you need a DVD BURNER to burn it back to dvd of course. If all you have is a dvd-rom read only drive than you will only be able to rip it to the computer for viewing. EDIT - also you don't need to have two dvd drives to do this. You can rip with one drive, save to the harddrive, than BURN back to your blank disc in your dvd burner drive. And anyway you wouldn't be able to do drive to drive without ripping if it was a commercial dvd you are backing up - you'd need to decrypt it first. You would be able to drive to drive duplication if it was homemade or already ripped previously....

Any ripper software will work. dvd fabdecrypter, ripit4me, and even the old nonupdated dvd shrink will probably work on it.

Most ripping software will let you select which audio track you want to keep. Keep in mind though that if you select just a dts track it won't play back on anything except through a dts amplifier - you will get no sound through a tv speaker if you don't use a dts amplifier. A dolby digital 5.1 track WILL playback in stereo on a tv.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    WOW ... you are like 5 years late to be asking such a question.

Take a look in the guides (left hand side of the site).

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    i searche dthe guides but dident found appropriate guide
    where should i get it?
    will you help me for exsact keywords?
    Quote Quote  
  5. For crying out loud, I don't see how you could possibly miss it. There are several, you have already been told in previous replies what you need to do.

There are obviously some things you need to understand, pick any of the DVD backup guides and read it carefully, then read a few more.

Once you have put forth a few minutes worth of effort, if you still have questions then come back and ask.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This forum is really for posting user guides, not asking questions about processes. Moving you to the DVD to DVDR Forum.

As mentioned, use a ripper that is appropriate to your DVD, DVDFab Decrypter is a good choice. Then input that to DVD Shrink to process and 'shrink'. Finally burn it to DVD with ImgBurn. That's the 'easy' way.
    Quote Quote