VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,

Just joined because I just purchased a LG RH387H HDD Recorder.
    I know that this player has an upscale function, but I can't seem to find it when I play a DVD disc movie. I figure it should automatically upscale it to 1080, but it's stuck at 576p on my TV. My TV is full 1080p, so i know the TV can handle it. If anyone can help me with this I'd great appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. To use the up converting function it has to be connected to your tv with an HDMI cable or a componant cable. Then just push the RES button until you get the resolution you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You need to use the HDMI connection to get upconversion.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have it connected through HDMI, but there's no res button at all anywhere. the HDMI cable i have is 1.3 too.
    i figure you can upscale manually. anyone have any ideas?

thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If your TV is really full 1080p then it will upscale any video signal it gets at a lower resolution to 1080p. In fact your TV might actually upscale better than your LG recorder. I would not worry about it. I have an old Philips DVD player that can't output anything above 480p, so I just let my Samsung HDTV upscale for me and it looks great.

By the way, have you not looked in the manual for instructions on how to upscale? Again, note that your TV may actually do a better job than this player on upscaling.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Somewhere in the menus on the LG there will be resolution settings if there isn't a key on the remote. Like jman said, if you've got a good TV it will probably do a better job of upconverting than the LG.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "res" button is on the panel of the recorder, but not the remote.
    Quote Quote