Due to an irreperable problem with my NAD T585 the good folks at NAD opted to replace it with a brand new NAD M55. The first thing I did was come to VCDHelp.com to see if I could find a region hack for this player. I was pleased to immediately find one but sadly, it did not work. In fact the menus described in the hack I found do not match the actual menus on my M55.

It is easy enough to navigate to the region change page of the menu (it is not even hidden) but you have to have a 4 digit password to access the region list and make a change. Obviously NAD is not providing the default password so I was wondering if any of you have stumbled across this info?

Also, just as info, I have yet to find any model NAD DVD player that handles playback of Dual Layer DVD+R Media that I burn on my PC. I have yet to try burning one in my set top DVD recorder but I have a feeling it is the media and not the burner as my regular DVD+/-R all work properly in the M55. Any one else have experience with this machine?