VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Child of God
    Search Comp PM
    I have a bunch of TIFF images that I need to convert to JPG, but it'd be painstaking to have to do each individually in Photoshop. Is there a program that will batch convert all of these files for me? So far searching Google hasn't helped me, and every time it looks like the said program will work on a Mac, it really won't (at least one was an .EXE file).
    "They will walk after the LORD, He will roar like a lion; indeed He will roar and His sons will come trembling from the west." - Hosea 11:10
    Quote Quote  
  2. You might want to look into the actions tab within photoshop, if you record the process of what you are wanting to do once and then set it to tackle the folder of your choosing, it will allow the conversions to happen automatically.

I would go into it deeper but I'm ill in bed at the moment and haven't got the brainpower to think through the process fully. Best option is to look through the help files and see if you can navigate through it but if not I'll give you a step by step when I'm feeling back up to 100%.

Good luck!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at xnview. I've only used the windows port to do this sort of batch conversion (for which it works great), but there exists a port to mac os. Assuming that the functionality is similar, perhaps that will work for you. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  4. graphic converter or photoshop(image processor) will take care of that...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I second Photoshop, which the OP has.

If all the pictures are going to be the:
    * same resolution (dpi)
    * same color space (rgb)
    * same crop size ( say 8 x 11 down to 7 X 9)

then this is easily done in the Batch converter, just read the help me file in Photoshop to get started.

"Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Until this round of posts, I had never used the Photoshop batch conversion feature -- it's been so long that I had forgotten that it even had this feature. It works great, as the others have said, and since the OP already has Photoshop, then it looks like Jeikobu should be good to go. In any event, you've got several options. Pick what you like. Collect all of them.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jeikobu
    I have a bunch of TIFF images that I need to convert to JPG, but it'd be painstaking to have to do each individually in Photoshop. Is there a program that will batch convert all of these files for me? So far searching Google hasn't helped me, and every time it looks like the said program will work on a Mac, it really won't (at least one was an .EXE file).
    Try Ivan Image Converter to convert TIFF images to JPG (>40 output formats) in batch mode. Command line support. find it here: http://www.ivanview.com/ivan-image-converter.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My favorite for this work is Irfanview.
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    This freeware also has plug-ins to further enhace it's conversion options.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LJB
    My favorite for this work is Irfanview.
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    This freeware also has plug-ins to further enhace it's conversion options.
    And it specifically has a function for converting groups of files:
    File/Start batch conversion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...except IrfanView doesn't have a Mac/OS X version.

I should probably also note a couple of good sites to check for Mac software, just in case:
    MacUpdate: www.macupdate.com
    VersionTracker: www.versiontracker.com/macosx/
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote