VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to join 4 mpeg1 files together (all have same parameters). I tried to use VirtualDubMod but the append function is greyed out (see screenshot). Is there any freeware solution to join these mpeg1 files without any quality loss? I tried Video Redo and it seems to work but I want a freeware solution.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVIDeMux can get er done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc -- the MPEG1 functions work in the demo mode.
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK, I need help with the geeky software. When I tried to use TMPGEnc Mpeg tools (see screenshot 1) , I joined them but there was no audio. How can I join them with TMPGEnc and also have the audio/video together (that's what most people want).
    Then I tried Avidemux. That seemed to work OK, but I don't know what to choose (see screenshot 2) in the FORMAT box. Should I choose MPEG-PS (A+V) or should I choose MPEG-TS (A+V)? What is the difference? I tried both of them and they both worked, but the MPEG-PS gave a joined file size of 253MB and the MPEG-TS gave a joined file size of 261MB. Why is there a difference in file size? Both joined video clips have the same time length.

Quote Quote  
  5. My fault. The files don't need to be joined. Each file (after de-multiplexing into video/audio) just needs to be put in Gui For DVD Author as separate titles.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys
    My fault. The files don't need to be joined. Each file (after de-multiplexing into video/audio) just needs to be put in Gui For DVD Author as separate titles.
    Make sure that the audio is sampled at 48000 for DVD authoring.
    Quote Quote