VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am new to dvd recording and need some guidance. I have a dvd recorder at home and used it to record 2 movies. They both work fine in that dvd player but neither will work in my other dvd players ( 1 portable & 1 full size). They will not work in my computer either. Both players say 'no disc' and the computer keeps spinning but acts as if there is no disc in the drive. Store bought movies work in all of the players with no problems. I am using TDK DVD -R 16x discs as they are on the list of those that work in the recorder i used (i previously tried using dvd +R and they would not even record).

Can anyone tell me what I need to do/change to be able to record and use in other players? The recorder I am using is a Samsung DVD-VR320.
    - Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you finalize the disk after recording?
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I did not.....thought i only had to do that on a computer drive. Yes, i am an idiot. I just put it back in and finalized it and it is working fine in the other dvd player - haven't tried the comp dvd drive but we don't watch movies on the comp anyway so that's irrevelant.

Thank you very much for the help!
    - Mark
    Quote Quote