VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I tried buring DVD (contents of Video_TS folder) on to a dual layer disc using nero 7.10 but it failed at finalizing Disc. The disc is playable until it needs to go to second layer.

My original is now so messed up it can't be read otherwise I would of tried to create iso image and burn that. So How can I successfully burn the DVD to Dual Layer disc?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Author your VIDEO_TS file to a hard drive folder.
    2. Use only ImgBurn for burning dual-layer discs.
    2. Use only Verbatim DVD+R DL discs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Use ImgBurn. Nero is notorious for NOT burning DL discs correctly. If your DL disc is DVD-R DL instead of DVD+R DL, you should know that these are much trickier to burn, even with ImgBurn. ImgBurn has some Jump Layer option that I believe you will specifically have to set for DVD-R DL burning to work. Do NOT use that option on DVD+R DL media! Finally, note too that burning any brand other than Verbatim is not advised and those who burn other brands of DL media post here all the time asking why their burns don't work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I did end up using ImgBurn, but overlooked the 'burn files/folder to disc' option and instead created iso from folders and then burned the iso and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote