VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please help me =S I've recorded an AVI file and want to edit it in Pinnacle Studio but when I preview, play or click on it the video is displayed as either lots of coloured vertical lines or lots of dots and coloured speckles. I recorded simple AVI with Hypercam at 29FPS. Does Pinnacle only support MPEG if so how can I convert AVI to MPEG?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you give more specifics on the file properties? Better yet post the results from GSpot.

Also, try playing it in Windows Movie Maker. That may work.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use Hypercam -- ever -- but from what I gather, it is an AVI type that is not compatible with most video editing software. As edDV suggested, analyze the AVI with GSpot. Pinnacle Studio -- if you can get it to work -- would likely best be suited for DV-AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80
    I don't use Hypercam -- ever -- but from what I gather, it is an AVI type that is not compatible with most video editing software. As edDV suggested, analyze the AVI with GSpot. Pinnacle Studio -- if you can get it to work -- would likely best be suited for DV-AVI.
    Hey Used GSpot and it says:
    OpenDML (AVI v2.0)
    Codec: CRAM

If you need more info please tell me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Install ffdshow, enable MS Video-1 in the configuration from "disabled" to "libavcodec"

I'm not sure if Pinnacle is vfw based or directshow based, so I would do it in both the vfw configuration (gold colored icon), and the normal configuration (red colored icon)

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to change the capture settings of the capture program. CRAM is the worst compression you can use.

Quote Quote