VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recorded a tv show from Tivo and burned it onto a DVD, after i finalized the dvd on my player...

I had trouble getting the dvd footage off of DVD Shrink 3.2 so I used AnyDVD

after i put the VOB file into Sony Vegas 8.0 and there was no sound...I can see the video and i can see the sound below but hear nothing when i play it...

I opened the DVD on my computers DVD player and the sound was there....

I don't know what to, i tried researching which lead me to DVD Shrink and AnyDVD but i still have no sound in Sony Vegas...

i'm not sure what to do...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded Gspot and this is what the info is when i put the VOB into Gspot

DVD "VOB" format
    MPEG-2 Program Stream<<<{1 vid, 1 sound}
    Sys Bitrate: 10080 kbs/ VBR

Codec MPEG2 Name MPEG-2

Status Codec(s) Installed
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    EDIT.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What did GSpot say about the sound?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i didn't know to put that, but it said...

Audio
    Codec AC3

0xbd[0x80]:48000Hz 256 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)

Stat Codec(s) Installed
    Quote Quote  
  6. Maybe you need a Vegas plugin for AC3 audio? You might also try AC3 Filter or AC3 ACM.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i download AC3 Filter.. cause i needed it to convert the VOB file into a DIVX File....

but the Audio was completley off....BUT i was able to hear the audio in Vegas, so i just cut it and moved it back into sync....

but i'm still looking for a better solution cause doing that is a nightmare...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you need to edit in Vegas before burning to DVD, you can turn the AC3 audio file into a .wav file. One way is to use VirtualDub with AC3ACM installed. Open the VOB, select "Save WAV," and make sure you end up with a 48k, 16-bit stereo .wav file.

If you simply need to burn the VOB to a DVD, there are several simple ways to prepare a DVD structure. IfoEdit is but one of many easy freeware solutions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi Filmboss,
    do i need to separate the audio from the video into two files? would that be hard to match up in Sony Vegas?

sorry if i'm confused..haven't slept and been editing for three days : /
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The question is, do you need to actually EDIT the VOB? I could better steer you in the proper direction if I knew what you ultimately intended to do -- edit or just burn? If you just want to burn to DVD, skip Vegas altogether, and use IfoEdit with ImgBurn. There's also an alternative editing option of cutting native mpeg2 video from the VOB using Mpg2Cut2 (freeware). That way the video is not reencoded. Vegas, on the other hand, is really best for editing DV-AVI video. If you really want to use that, you'd likely need to convert your VOB to a DV-AVI file. Again, VirtualDub can do this, as long as you have a DV codec (like Cedocida DV Codec) installed.

Also, get some sleep. Good rest enhances problem-solving cognitive ability.
    Quote Quote